~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 21, 2013

30 days of Thankful Days 16-21...


Sorry! I have been so B.U.S.Y
So here are days 16-21

Day 15 Today I am thankful for my precious little granddaughter Kaylan. 
She is the HAPPIEST baby ever and ALWAYS smiling. She even knows to say "cheese" when you pull out the camera(can't imagine why)...lol She is a PRECIOUS little girl. She's MeMe's sweetheart! I love you Kay Bug. 

Day 16 I am thankful for my son-in-laws Corey & dylan. They have been a blessing to me. I am so thankful that my girls have good husbands that love them and take good care of them too. They are like my own sons and I love them both very much!




Day 17 Today I am thankful for my SWEETHEART Miss Bailey. She is Aunt Sandy's baby girl. She has brought so much joy to all of our lives. She is for sure one of my all time favorite kids. She came to me on my birthday and little did I know she would add so much happiness and smiles to my life. I love you Bay bigger than the sky. You will ALWAYS be Aunt Sandy's little Princess.


Day 18 Today I am thankful for the 29+ foster children that have came through my home. They have taught me so much about myself, living, and what's most important in life. Most of them have been through more in their short lives than most adults have in their lifetime. They came here for us to help change their lives, but instead they've changed ours...forever. They have made me a better person. I am thankful for each and every one of them and what they have added to my life.


Day 19 After spending the whole day in Atlanta with my little guy I am HAPPY to finally be HOME! So for my 30 days of thankful day #19, I am thankful for my HOUSE. It may not look like much. It's worn and well used, but it's paid for and it is mine. I can kick off my shoes, prop up my feet, rest when I need, and just be myself. It's my shelter from the storm. The place I raised my children. It's not just a house, it's home. Thank you Lord for my home.




Day 20 Today I am thankful for the time I had with my brothers. I miss them more than anything and would trade a year of my life for just one more hour with them. I miss Robby's sweet smile. I miss how he always met me at the door with a big hug. I miss his, "I love you Lou" (I don't know where he got Lou). He was so loving. I miss Bryan's sweet smile and soft spoken voice. I miss his laid back personality. Both of my brothers were so laid back, so different than me. I was blessed to be their sister. If ever three siblings got along, we did, and for that I will ALWAYS be thankful. We don't know when God will call home the ones we love that's why we should never withhold the "I love you" or the "I'm sorry for that". For tomorrow may be a day to late for such. I will never forget how I felt the day I got the call on Robby and then Bryan. Who would have ever imagined so quickly after Robby that we would give up Bryan? Our lives will never ever be the same. Nothing feels like it felt when they were here to share it (especially the holidays). No one or nothing will ever replace them or fill the void. Sorry I wrote a book but maybe today this is your wake up call. Today could be your very last day. Today could be the last day with the ones you love. Never take a single day for granted. Today is all we have.




Day 21 Today I am thankful for my ANGEL. My nanny. She was one of the greatest women I've ever known and by far the very BEST GRANDMOTHER EVER! If ever a child was loved, I was, by my Nanny. She made you feel special and she poured her love into her family and everyone she met. She had a heart for children (all children). I think I got that from her. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I treasure the memories we made and she lives on within my heart.







 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...