~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 21, 2013

B.U.S.Y....

Oh my! Have I been busy? Oh yes. Very busy. Another one of those weeks? Yes, another one of those weeks.
Can you say four 3 and under??? 4 in diapers? 3 that can't walk and one that likes to run? Yep, that's our house! Full of life and little people. Ages 3 (foster), 2 (foster), 20 months (My baby), and 6 months (foster) and the big brother Jacob age 12 (my baby too).

Our new little foster (age 2) who we have chosen to call "choo choo" is still with us. I fell for it again. I had said, "NO" when they called me two weeks ago about him. Then when my fostering friend called me last Friday (they were still needing a home) and asked me to do her a favor, I fell for it. I said,"Yes", but only for the weekend. Choo Choo's new place changed their mind on Monday morning and left him with no where else to go, but here, so he is still here. And that's ok with me. Yes, you read that right. I'm fine with it. He is so adorable and one of the sweetest foster kids I've had so far. I am so thankful that I got to meet this little guy and have him in my home. He makes me think of my little Z (Oh how I miss my Z) and I just love that about him. I adore this little boy and Joshua does too. He may leave me soon to be with his sisters in their foster home, but for today he is here and we are just eating him up.

Our Joshua Blaze met with his neuro on Monday. The video EEG she took did not capture a seizure (so she still can't decide what type he has). She viewed the videos I had captured and she agreed with our pediatrician that he is having seizure activity. The video EEG did show the spikes that epileptic kids have and she decided that we need to go ahead and increase his seizure control meds. The weird thing about it is that these seizures are not like his first seizures he had in the hospital. She also has some concerns with his low muscle tone in his lower legs/ankles. She wants him fitted with some devices to support his ankles and to hopefully keep his left foot from turning in so bad and his toes from curling under, because she believes these are the reasons he can't walk without support/ a walker. But over all, our baby is doing great!!!! He is almost 25 pounds now and  he is 33 inches tall (so he is tall). He is just amazing!

Our youngest little foster who we call JK is also doing great! He turned 6 months old, cut two teeth, learned to tummy crawl, and can set up for a short period of time all by himself. He is a BIG boy. Almost 19 pounds. He is a chubby mushy lovey baby with the biggest smile ever. His foster mom absolutely adores him...lol:) He too may leave us very soon (But we hope not. I have a good reason why I feel this way) but if everything comes back ok, he will head out of state with a relative. We will know by Christmas.

Baby girl is also doing very well. She may be leaving our home very soon for her forever home. Please keep her in your prayers. It's going to be tough at first because she has a lot of attachment/ bonding/trust issues (RAD and PTS), but I truly believe if she is placed in a good home that she will continue to improve and thrive.

Other than that, this week has consisted of court hearings,follow ups, sign language classes,  DFCS visits, therapies, therapies, therapies, did I mention therapy???? Yes, I am a busy lady and LOVING it!!!!!







Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...