~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 14, 2015

Our little Princess...

Our Little Princess
Has Arrived!!!!!




~~~~~~~~
We are just waiting for the perfect  moment to share all of the little details with you. But yes, it's true! We are adopting a little Princess!!
Joshua Blaze is going
to be a BIG BROTHER!

*Just a few Notes & Updates*

Our Pretty baby
 (No face pictures allowed YET!)



Mar 2014
A precious little baby girl was born. She spent 10 days in the NICU. On day 10, she was placed in our arms for fostering. We gave her the nickname of "Tiny" because it fit her so perfectly.

Her mom called me one day out of the blue. I could tell that she was crying. She asked me if we would be willing to adopt Tiny, because she felt it would be better for her to stay with us.

We said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 2014
 Mom surrendered her rights!
Dec 2014
Dad surrendered his rights!
Jan 2014
We published on any unknown dads (just incase) or anyone with interest in this child's case (relatives, etc).
Update- No one came forward! Yay!!!!!
April 2015
We moved forward to adoptions!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!

05-13-15
Today we met with our new adoption worker!  I LOVED her!!!!! She said all that we are waiting on is the life history book and it usually takes about 30 days to get that back, so it shouldn't be that much longer now. She said (as she was walking out the door), "You can take the price tag off now. She's yours! She's Home!" What sweet words!!!!! Yes, our baby is home and we are her family! We are tickled PINK!!!! Next step is to meet with DFCS and sign the papers and then contact our lawyer. We are so close!!!!!
 07-17-15
Our little Princess is walking!!!!

07-30-15
Our adoption worker came out today to fill out the form 150 and 151 for our home conversion from fostering to adoption!!!! I am soooooo excited!!!!!! Oh What A Happy Day!!!!!!!

08-13-15
They are killing me. Not really, but seriously this is driving me nuts. I sent my case worker a message yesterday asking her for a travel letter to take Tiny with us on vacation. She wrote me back and said that she would be out today with the letter and also to update us on our adoption...which left me a little nervous and excited.  She came today,  but she didn't have one single thing new to share and to top it off, she forgot the letter. She told me everything again that she has told me for the last few months. Why oh why does it take so loooooooong???????....grrrrr 

8-25-15
I know that we are one step closer because today a lady called me about Tiny's lifebook. She had a few questions that she still needs answered to complete it.  I'm so excited! At least we know they are working on it. I finished up the list of questions for the lady. Hopefully, she will have the book done and turned in this week. One day at a time. Sandy, one day at a time.

9-30-15
Today we met with our adoption worker. She said that she would like to sign next week. She said that we should get a call on Monday (If she has everything she needs in our files). If she does she will give us the day to come in, so, I guess once again we will wait. It's getting old. Even birth mom is complaining about it taking so long to finalize. The case worker said. "We are so close now.". We've been hearing that for months. It's been 11 months since mom surrendered her rights for us to adopt. 

10-16-15
We have our signing date!!! October the 19th we will sign adoption papers on our little baby girl. We are beyond excited!!!!!!!! We are so close now.


10-19-15
Our case worker didn't show. I guess she forgot us :( If only she knew how excited we were and now how let down we feel. This is why they call foster care a roller coaster ride...grrrr

11-04-15
I just got a message from our case worker. Our new date in now Nov 10th. Crossing my fingers that she don't forget us again or reschedule again. I'm so ready to be done with this. 

11-10-15
We signed today!!!!!!!
Today, we signed the final set of pre-adoption papers to adopt "OUR" little girl! We are over the moon excited! We are now one step closer.  Doing the happy dance over here!!!!



11-19-15
I spoke with our lawyer to be sure that he is interested in doing another adoption for us. He is!!! I'm so happy!!! I gave him all of our info on this adoption and the contact info of our adoption worker. Now, we just wait! 


12-14-15
I got a call from our lawyer today and our adoption is on hold....grrrrr Some how the state missed that this child is part Indian (although I don't see it) and due to that we have got to get permission from the Black Foot Indian tribe to go forward with our adoption. Yes, I'm a little  VERY frustrated. This should have been handled long before we contacted a lawyer. Feeling so discouraged today....grrrrr

12-23-15
Our case worker came out today. She told me how very sorry that she was and how bad she feels that she missed the info on baby girl having an Indian heritage. I told her it is ok. But I am very disappointed. I just don't see how that could have been missed. You dot all of your I's and cross all of your T's before you ever go forward in the adoption process. The letter to the tribe has been submitted and she believes we will hear back within 2 weeks. Then we will have to wait for a court date for the parents to surrender their rights (again)... this time before the judge. Then at that point, if nothing else happens, we will move forward with the adoption.  So once again we wait...


01-30-16
Our caseworker came out on a Saturday this month because we've all been so very busy. She had planned to come Friday but Blaze had surgery so she had to wait until Saturday. She had nothing new to add. She said that the other 2 tribes had passed their 10 days allowed mark and she had still not heard from them. She said parents did not have to re-surrender after all and that everything would stay the same. So here we are still waiting. 

Tiny girl is finally free for adoption!!!!
On April the 6th,
we will meet with our lawyer to sign
the official adoption papers (finally)!!!
Woo hoo!!!
Then off to court we will go!
Ada Grace 
will soon be our
little girl forever!!!!!!!
04/06/16
We signed papers with our lawyer today! What an exciting day it has been! Now we await the call from our lawyer with our official ADOPTION DATE! Woo Hoo!!!! We are just one step away to forever!!!!

We Have Our Date!!!!
Our adoption date!!!!
May 19, 2016!!

 May 19,2016
Happy Adoption Day
to us!!!!

She is officially ours!!!
Some people only dream 
of meeting a Princess,
we adopted ours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...