~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 28, 2011

A lil of this & that...

Just stopping by to say, "Hi!".
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was  bitter sweet. I missed my nanny & lil brother being there. Our holidays haven't felt the same since I lost my first brother in 2005 and then loosing my nanny and my little brother this year was really hard. It was so hard for my mom. I looked over at her several times and saw her in tears...which gets to me every time. I can't even imagine how hard it is to loose your kid ,but to loose two is even more unimaginable. Trying to get use to the new normal without them has been tough. The holidays don't feel the same anymore. You get use to someone being there and then they are gone. I miss the way it use to be...bad. I miss my brothers and my nanny. I still catch myself asking "why?". "Why did this have to happen?" but we just have to accept that it's God's will and try to move forward. One day we will all be back together again. Don't take your family or friends for granted ,because they may not be there tomorrow.

Other than that,we enjoyed family time together and the sharing of all the wonderful memories of the past. The kids kept us extra busy and they had lots of fun laughing & playing together, and I think that helped my parents get through the day.
On Friday, I spent the day with my Mom. We went shopping together. I think I do better online shopping ,but I went because I wanted to get mom out of her house. We had a good day.


On Saturday, Hub's and I got a sitter for the babies and then headed out to the mall. We took Jacob, JJ, and Bailey to shop, eat, and to watch Arthur Christmas. The movie is cute and the special effects are amazing, but I think this movie is better for older kids 8+. Jacob loved it. JJ & Bailey loved being at the theatre, but they couldn't really understand the movie. I didn't really like that the movie made Santa out to be uncaring in some parts. It also had a part where the sleigh landed in Africa and lions tried to attack Arthur & the grand dad. That part scared Bailey so bad that she wanted uncle Brent to hold her and she hid her face and didn't want to watch anymore of the movie.

Making gingerbread Christmas trees.
No face pics allowed of JJ.



more Thanksgiving pics coming soon!


Our weekend was wonderful.
I hope yours was too:)

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6 We Are On The Fence!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was bittersweet but so glad there is a Heaven & we will see them again. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, great memories. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...