~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Sep 16, 2011

Something about this week...

MeMe's Little Man
"Carter"
I haven't had much time to be online these last two weeks and here are all the reasons why...:)

I've been trying to swap out summer for fall/winter clothes. This GA weather has been crazy. One day it's hot and the next it's cold. Swapping out clothes is a chore when you have a big family.

We've started back to school. I'm excited about this school year. However, it's hard to believe Jacob is now in the 4th grade. Wow!!! Time flies. My son is growing up.

Little Carter turned 3 months!!! He is doing so good. He can coo and smile at you now. He is a big time mommy's boys. He looks just like his mommy too. He is 10 pounds now and growing like a little weed. 

I've been taking lots of pictures and editing, editing, and editing...woooo... I've been busy. I'm not complaining though. It's been a blessing.

Our sweet little fosters K & R have left our home *tears forming*.  They have been moved to their grandmother's. It's going to be a good thing and I am happy for them & their family. You just know when it's the right thing and this move was.  However, I miss my babies when they go. You get use to them being around. Yes, I get attached...very attached.  I love all my foster babies.

All of our foster homes in this county are maxed out because we've had so many new kids to come into care. I think mine is the only one with an opening now. Pray for these kids, their birth families, and us foster parents.

While I was dropping off K & R, my case worker came out (foster families have a personal case worker too). She came out and she had that look...that look I know so well:) Then came the words, "Can I talk to you a minute?". Next was, "We've got this little boy that needs....". To make a long story short, we dropped off two and gained another foster child. We now have a little boy who has just turned 4. He has some delays and needs, and I have a loooooong road ahead of me with him, but I have a willing heart. He's been here for two days now, and he has adjusted much better than I ever expected. Please keep this little guy in your prayers. By the way, I'm choosing his blog nickname to be "J.J". He's going to be here for a while and I'm sure you'll be hearing all about our adventures with him:)

When you get a new foster child in your home, you also receive a To-Do list that you have to complete within the first few days of placement.  I've been working on that.
*For J.J we have to have a physial, dental and a developmental assesment.
*He also has to be seen at the health dept.
*He has to meet with his case worker atleast twice.
*He has to meet his CASA.
* We have to plan a visitation schedule.
*We also will need to go shopping for clothing, etc.(Most fosters come with nothing).


We will be getting two more fosters ,but they are only going to be temporary. We will pick them up on Saturday. They are ages 1 & 2. These kids have a foster family wanting to adopt them and we will find out in a couple of weeks if their family will get to. Please pray for this family. After talking with the foster mom, I know that they absolutely adore these children and would be the perfect match for them. The new baby and my foster baby Z are one day apart in age, so I know they are going to enjoy each other.

We are starting on our home. We are painting every room and rearranging them. Actually,I had planned on not taking on any more kids, until we get done with the house, but we will just have to work around the kids.

Well, I think that is about it. Pray for our family. We always stand in need of prayer.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
We Are On The Fence!

3 comments:

  1. I think of you often and the joy you must bring to these children's lives...and vice/versa. YOu are an amazing gift. I hope your prayers are answered often and loudly! Hugs to you, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't know how you do it. I'm praying for you and all your kids. I enjoyed your post. You reminded me of several things I need to do. It has turned off cold here in AR over night and I still have summer clothes only out. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings Sandy, we always pray for your foster ministry, as I like to call it, because it really is a ministry of sorts, to give of yourselves in such an unselfish way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...