~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Sep 13, 2011

Our trip to Babyland General...

(Click pics to enlarge)

For several weeks ,we've been planning to take Bailey to Babyland General. We wanted to take her for her 4th birthday. We decided to go ahead and make the trip, since we would already be over half way there on Saturday (we were visiting Uncle Shuck).

I knew Bailey would love this place. My girls loved it when they were little.
I remember the year that Cabbage Patch kids came out. Do you? I was so excited that Christmas when I got my very first one. I loved dolls but my cabbage patch kids were my all time favorites. Matter of fact, I still have them.

Below are some of the first cabbage patch (cloth) kids or should I say "Little People" because they were named that before they were cabbage patch kids.










Babies,
Babies,
Babies,
and even more babies.
Babies every where.
Over 1000 babies
to choose from.
Oh my!!!!
Bailey had to check them all over.
She could only choose one.
One special baby to bring home & love.

So she looked, and looked,and  looked,
and looked some more.





They had babies with no hair,
babies with tons of hair,
babies with passys,
and babies with teeth.
Yep, some even had teeth.

While Bailey looked, the boys played.

Someone even put our Zach in the cabbage patch.
Now this one is the one I'd choose.
He was coming home with me:)
He was by far the cutest in the whole patch.


The nurse had an announcement!!!!
A new baby was about to be born.
Mother cabbage had dialated 10 leaves,
the crystals started glowing, and the bees
above started buzzing.
A new little one was on it's way!!
The nurse was getting things ready
for the big event.
All of the kids were so excited,
The big question was,
Will it be a girl or boy?
hmmm.....
It had lots of hair!!!
And the nurse made the big announcement,
"It's a boy!".
Then she said, "He needs a name".
Chance Lee would be his name.
(The visitors got to choose it)

The nurse weighed him & got him ready to be passed around:)
After looking low & high
and high & low.
Bailey chose her very own special baby.
She chose a little boy one.

The nurse set down with Bailey & Uncle Brent to fill out the birth certificate. Bailey got to choose his name. She named her special baby, "Zakary Bailey".
One happy little girl.



Honestly, I don't know who had more fun..maybe Bailey, maybe Jacob, or was it Zach, perhaps Uncle Brent, or maybe me. Probably me...lol We all had fun. It is a girly kind of place ,but I think the boys enjoyed watching Bailey or maybe it was me they were watching...lol That place makes the kid come out in you. However, I believe It's okay to act like a kid sometimes:)

I absolutely can't wait until we go back again. We are already planning our next trip. We want to take Brookelyn when she's a wee bit older.

I love Babyland General. It always brings back sweet memories of when I was little & when my girls were little. They loved that place too.

If you are ever in GA and you have a little girl who loves babies, then this is a must visit place. It is the sweetest toy place ever.

  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
We Are On The Fence!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I had 3 or 4 cabbage patch dolls when i was little. I remember the smell, awww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious, I have never heard of Babyland General. So glad you all got to go. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...