~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 24, 2010

Our Pumpkin & Pumpkin Prayer

The Pumpkin Prayer
~~~~~~
Dear God,
As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer;
Open my mind so I can learn about you.
(cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sin and forgive me
for the wrong things I do.
(clean out the inside)

Open my eyes so your love I will see;
(cut the eyes in the shape of hearts)

I'm so sorry for turning up my nose to all you've given me.
(cut the nose in the shape of the cross)
Open my ears so your word I will hear.
(cut the ears in a rectangle like the shape of the Bible)

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near
(cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let your light shine in all I say and do!
In Jesus name.~Amen
(Place a candle inside and light it up)
Matthew 5-14-16
Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on a hill can not be hid.
Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel,
but on a candle stick;and it giveth light unto all
that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty slick, Sandy!

    I tried sending you an email, like you had suggested, but noone ever sent anything back to me...just so you don't think I fell off the face of the Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this before but couldn't remember where. Awesome because our Sunday school lesson this coming Sunday is the ABC's of salvation. I teach the 1st-3rd graders and this will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma B,please send it again. I'm sorry if I missed you. My laptop crashed and I lost all my incredimail mail, so if yours got sent about a month ago then that's how I missed you. Sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I have a sweet pumpkin poem that I am going to put on some pumpkins for the children in my Sunday school class...I should try and post it on my blog if I get a chance. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...