~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 20, 2009

What Makes Me Happy?


What makes me Happy?
I got this post idea from Meghan .If you get a chance, stop by and say hello to Meghan.


What Makes Me Happy?
1.Kids. I love kids!!!!!! I spend my day surrounded by kids:) I use to dream of growing up and having a house full of kids(which I did) and now that mine are getting older, I really enjoy my friend's kids/babies. I just think they are the closest thing to perfect here on earth:)
I'll admit it, I am kinda like the little old lady who lived in a shoe:)
~~~~~
"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt 18:1-6)
~~~~~
2.My family. I love my family dearly. My family is so precious to me. I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful family. We can do everything or nothing at all together and still have a great time. I love being with them. They bring me so much joy.
~~~~~
3.My Hobbies...gardening, photography, blogging,and reading...just to name a few:)
~~~~~
4.My friends. I really love spending time with friends. Two of my friends came over yesterday and we had some of the best laughs just watching their kids and mine:) They are like family...we can do things together or not do anything at all ,but set and rock on the front porch and still have a great time:) I love that quote,
"Friends are the family you choose for yourself"...
Sometimes it seems your friends are there for you ,when your family's not.
~~~~~
5. My church. I can go to church and regardless of how I feel when I enter, I come out feeling so blessed and loved!!! God is really working in our church and blessingso many lives:) I feel so blessed to be a part of the church that I'm a member of. I truly believe I'm just where God wants me to be. My church IS MY SECOND FAMILY. I love them and they love me...I'm blessed:)
~~~~~
6.Eating out. I love trying new foods:) I love when Hubby takes me on dates and we try new things together...it's fun!!!
Fun=Happiness!!!
~~~~~
7.Being active. I love doing things and going places. I love being busy. I get bored easily and I consider it a waste of life to just set around and do nothing. I still have so much I want to see and do before my time is done, but when I do leave this world, all will be able to say, "Sandy lived every minute of her life ".
Another of my favorite quotes-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
~~~~~

8. I saved the very best for last. My relationship with God is the one thing(above the others) that truly brings me the greatest joy of all. He loves me and knows me more than anyone else and the more I've learned about Him, has made me want to walk as closely as possible with Him and to live my life for Him. The happiness He brings to me can't be put in words or compared to anything else.. It's like that song "Drinking from my Saucer"...because my cup has overflowed:) If you've heard it then you know what I'm talking about. I just pray that everyone will have this relationship with Him at some point in their life...it truly is an amazing love.
~~~~~
Picture credit ...
goes to Ashley & to Christy for blessing us with Jake.
The picture above is of Jake. He is my friend Christy's lil boy:) I chose his "Happy" face as my theme picture for this post. This is a picture Ashley took of him yesterday. He brings alot of joy to our lives and I thank Christy for sharing him with us:) He's my baby boy. Christy says I'm his second mommy and sometimes I feel like I am:) He is just a piece of Heaven to me:)
~~~~~
Tag you're it! Now it's your turn:)
What makes you Happy?

10 comments:

  1. Hey--thanks for the comment--I'm now following you as well, I love the music!! I keep trying to add the SITS button but something is wrong and I can't figure it out yet...but I will! I love the flowers too....isn't southern weather great?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. I love your blog. I'm a follower from SITS. Your family photos are beautiful!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that post! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I could so hang out with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm a follower from SITS now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog today! Love SITS so far. This post is beautiful. And, I saw your picture blog and am in love with your pics - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I frequent your blog too. I find it very inspirational and you have so many wonderful ideas. I will have to try this meme sometime soon! Love the new design!

    P.S. What is SITS?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, this is too sweet! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I agree, we have much in common . . . long lost sisters, perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post. thanks for helping me think about happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl awesome list! Love it! You are an amazing women!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...