~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 22, 2009

My Family Yearbook- (Catching up #7)


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

What does your family collect?
~~~~~
Hubby- collects metal. He collects anything metal. He uses it to make extra money for vacations and wants. He also collects antiques. He loves anything old. However at times it drives me crazy because he has collected more than our house can hold and has stored way to much stuff in the shop. It is true that one man's junk is another man's treasures...or at least it is with my hubby.

Me-I'm trying hard to stop collecting things. I've collected books for years ,because I homeschool and I'm a book addict. However, I've started trying to pass them on to others. I also collect poems, quotes, and cute sayings. I enjoy collecting web graphics to use on my family site & blog. I guess you can say I collect flowers too. Am I weird? ...Probably so. I have several flowers that started from other gardens. I have several flowers that came up from just one flower I pulled up from my best friend's garden, I have a beautiful yellow flower that came from my Nanny's garden, I have daisies that came from Anna's wedding, I have a gardenia bush that came from my brother's memorial service, I have several flowers that came from my Mom's yard, I have some flowers that came from my old house, and I have tons of roses that I got off the road next to an old friend's house. Each time I walk through my garden I'm reminded of the person who I got each flower from.

I often get accused of collecting kids too. I will say my house is a kid magnet. I do love kids. I am also guilty of collecting toys for kids and my house and yard are covered with proof.

Jacob-collects kids dvds. He loves movies. We have most of the classics and several of the newest movies out.

Jon-collects john deere stuff, and ford mustang things. He also collects knives.

Katie-She collects books. However, I think she collects perfumes (her room sure looks like it). She has tons of bottles of perfume...she loves it!

Ashley-really nothing. She is a clean out/throw away/give away kind of kid just like her sister Anna.

2 comments:

  1. I think collecting flowers is a great idea. People spend a lot of money at the nursery or local stores on flowers. It would be much better to have many in your yard that were free, or that reminded you of something or someone very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you have been busy! Good job!

    I collect books, too. I think it is a HSing thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...