~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 22, 2009

My Family Yearbook- (Catching up #6)


If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
Job 36:11

A few more things our family enjoys
~~~~~

The boys in our family are for sure country boys. They enjoy living in the country. Their hobbies are hunting, fishing, and pretty much anything you do outdoors. They usually do these things together.

However, my girls don't hunt ,but they do love fishing just as much as the boys. I really don't do either. I'm a country girl at heart, but I'm 100% girly. The only dirt I like on my hands comes from planting flowers, pulling weeds, or holding a little kid's hand.


Once my hubby asked me to go hunting with him. I told him that I would go as long as I could scare the deer off if they came up. I told him if he shot a deer, that I'd have to run down there and give it cpr and I'd have to try to save it's life. So it probably wouldn't be a good idea if I went along with him. However, if he did kill a deer, and as long as I didn't have to see it dead, I would cook it for him. I just can't stand to see anything die...sorry. It's just not me.


I try to set aside time to do things with my boys too. I enjoy taking Jacob to the park to play. I enjoy picnics on the grass. I also enjoy taking the boys to fun places like skating, the movies, air jumping places, game places,etc

I'm always looking for fun kids places to take the kids.

My girls also love walking. We love to go walk the track on warm days. We have some of our best talks and laughs while we are walking.

We girls love shopping together too.

I must confess I love shopping for baby things...it's my favorite. Several of my friends have new babies or are expecting, so I've been baby shopping every weekend for the last few weeks...It's so fun!!!

I shop online a good bit too on Amazon and Ebay.

Us girls all love our cameras ...as you can tell. We take tons of pictures. I am in school to be a photographer and my daughter Katie plans to start the same school as soon as she graduates highschool. She plans to be a photographer...maybe we will be a tag team...

who knows????

We also enjoy family vacations!!! We have one coming up next month and we are really excited about it! We are going to Florida this time!!!!! We all love the ocean. The boys fish, the girls layout and swim, and I enjoy reading and taking pictures of the kids...I'm really looking forward to trying my new camera out on the beach this year.

If you keep up with my blog, you've probably read that we have a girl's night out and boy's night out at least once a week. On these nights, us girls ( My daughters & me...plus any other girls that want to go), go out to eat, and we go and do girly things. It may be walking, a movie, shopping, visiting, etc But it's always just for girls.


The boys go out to eat on boy's night out. They also might go fishing, hunting, visiting,or shopping (yes they shop sometimes too). It's a time to just get away and spend together and it's something we always look forward to and enjoy!!!!

These are just a few things that come to mind at the moment.

I've always heard a family that prays together stays together

and I believe that

a family that plays together does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...