~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 24, 2009

Update from Howellville

It's been a pretty calm day here . It's pretty much been school, house cleaning, and babysitting for me all day. However, I'm about to head out to enjoy this beautiful day and weather before the rain sets in.

Brent has taken a couple of days off. He has spent his day building a fence between his shop and our house. So he has been busy too.

He went and got lil Bailey yesterday and she is staying with us for a couple of days:) She keeps us busy:) She is talking so much now and can pretty much say anything you tell her to say. Everybody gets so amazed when they meet her because she looks like a baby but talks like a big girl. She is soooo adorable.

We bought her new clothes for spring and summer, so we've been playing dress up all day:) She would look at herself in the mirror and say, "Oh weeeee". Little girls are soooooo much fun!!!!! Little boys are too, but it just seems that little girls have so much more clothes to choose from then boys do...maybe it's just me. Bailey loves dressing up. She loves clothes ,shoes,and hats...she is definitely 100% girl.

Yesterday, we went and saw mom. She is home now from the hospital. She is doing pretty good. Her leg has staples from the bend of her upper leg all the way down her leg, so that is pretty uncomfortable for her,but at least she can feel her foot and it is no longer tingling or cold. She will have another surgery within the next month on her other leg.

The kids are all doing super good! Anna and Corey came and stayed with us a couple of nights last week. Anna had to work the whole time, and Corey he had the days off, so he helped me around the house and with the kids. I enjoyed just having them here. They keep me laughing and both bring alot of joy to me:)

Katie is doing really good. She has been working hard and is doing so good in her school work...that makes me proud!!!! I figure she will probably graduate this coming winter or early spring of next year. She made some tough decisions over the last couple of weeks and it really showed me how much Katie has matured. It won't be long and she will be grown too. It just amazes me how fast they grow up.

Ashley has been busy. She is always working/doing something. She is sooooooo much like me that it amazes me. I see Robby and me in her ,in so many ways. She is a good kid and I'm so proud of her!!!! She is one of those kids that if she sets her mind to it, she can do anything.

Jon is doing good too. Only his friend introduced him to the taste of snuff ,and that didn't please me at all. I don't want him to start that gross habit and be like his daddy addicted to dipping. So he has been grounded and not very happy with me this week. However, he has spent a lot more time(since he's grounded) working on his school work and for that I'm super proud of him.

Jacob Noah is doing really good too. He has fallen in love with reading. He still struggles with some sight words ,but for the most part he is reading now:) We bought him a Children's illustrated bible and he loves it. Everynight, he wants me to read to him and we do and most nights he just wants me to keep reading story after story and I have to tell him that it's time for bed and we have to stop. He has been asking lots of questions about God and he has been going to the alter to pray almost every sunday.

Samantha is doing really good too. She works pretty much all the time. We don't see her that much, just a few minutes here and there. We did go see her and we ate with her Friday night and then she came and went to church Sunday night. I am proud at how well she is doing. Considering all that she has faced in her life , she has not let it slow her down. She has proven to be stronger and more independent than I ever thought she would be.

I can really see God working in all their lives. From the time they were born, I have prayed for them almost daily. I have seen them all bloom into the wonderful kids they are. They have been such a blessing to me!!!! They really are gifts from God:) In the Bible where it says "Rich is the man with his quiver full" that is so right!!!!
Well, that is all I can think of at the moment. I hope you are all having a wonderfu week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...