~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 1, 2009

Weeekend update

It's been a pretty good weekend. I had it to myself (just me with the kids), because Brent went to Alabama to help his dad. I love being with my kids. I figure my time with them is limited ,because they are growing up so fast ,and before to long they will all be grown up and leaving the nest. So I'm gonna spend as much time with them as I can and I do.

The house was pretty quiet(believe it or not). Trin and Amber went to their mom's for the weekend, so the only little ones here were Bay and Jacob. They played and entertained us:)

On Saturday,I took the teens to the movies while I went shopping for clothes for the little ones. I wanted to buy new clothes for the little ones to get their pictures made in. However, once we got to olan mills, they were booked for the day. So I ended up having to take Bailey(because Jacob backed out) Sunday after church. They turned out precious ,but Bay was so tired and she really didn't want her pics made.

Sunday, we went to church and then we stayed and ate. I enjoy it when we all eat together on Sundays. It gives us a chance to get to know our church family better. I set there on Sunday morning and I looked around and realized just how many new people have joined the church since I joined back in 1989. My church family is probably closer to me/us then our real family...I know they are. They know more about what goes on in our lives then most our our relatives and sometimes I think they care more about us. It's a blessing. I looked around and could see how much God has worked in all our lives. I just can't imagine not going to church and not having a church family. Church is not about the people,the building, the food, the latest news. It's all about God but what better way to serve him then inside his house praying, praising, singing, and being surrounded by others that love him and love us. We are blessed!!!!





1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear you found a church where you are feeling like family.
    Glad your pictures turned out nicely.
    We used to have an Olan Mills..but not one around here any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...