~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 28, 2009

It looks like we will be fostering for another year!!!!

We had our re-certification for fostering today and it went perfect...yay!!!!! We have a new case worker/family resource worker and I really like her a lot. The one we had before finally retired and a new one took her place, so I was really nervous about meeting her,but she was soooooooooooo nice and friendly...much more so than the last one we had.
She went through and checked everything and didn't complain about anything or find any problems at all and that was sooooooooooooooo good for us. We don't have anything to work on/correct...yay!!!!!!!! She was pleased and that made us happy,because she was happy.
I was really worried about having to have a new worker to work with. If you are a foster parent you know how frustrating it is to go through case worker after case worker.
I had even considered stopping fostering ,because of the stress that it brought in my life. Not the kids...it's not them that stresses me out. It is working with the messed up system and dealing with case workers that don't do what they should,but expect us to always do what we are required. It gets very frustrating and it makes fostering hard on us.
But, the new case worker has a very positive attitude and that alone is a plus for us. So it looks like we are in for another year.
Keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOOOO!!! What a relief that's got to be. I'm so excited for you. What a blessing you are to those precious children. They need you and I bet you need them just as much. :)

    Congratulations Sweetie,
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad for you!! I am sure that the children that you foster are very blessed to have you.

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for not giving up on - for persevering with the broken system in order to touch the lives of kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...