~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 30, 2008

How about the rest of the gang???

So what has my little gang been up to?

The biggest kid in our house...sleepy head

Brent-enjoyed having a couple of days off at Christmas this year. He pretty much just stuck here with us, playing with kids toys, and cooking out. Yes, he cooked out. After all ,it was so warm that it felt like Spring instead of winter, so it got him in the mood for grilling and he did. He seemed pretty excited about the rock band game that Corey & Anna got for their wii. So he figured he'd give it a shot. As far as the hat..it was a gift to Trin from his secret Santa and I think Brent kinda liked it:).






The boys-



Jon- Has enjoyed having these two weeks off from school & work. He has pretty much been hanging out with his best friend Austin or on the phone with his girlfriend Savannah.
He's a pretty good dancer too:)




Jacob-has been a bundle of energy. Between all the candy,soda from all the parties,and excitement...he has been a wild child. He was so excited about Santa this year. He is really just gotten at the age to be so excited that you can't sleep Christmas night. However, he couldn't wait to get home from memaws Christmas eve to go to bed, but then he tossed and turned until he finally went to sleep. This left Santa feeling pretty tired because he didn't manage to get by here until around 3 am.


The girls-
Samantha- Was able to get off work long enough to spend Christmas eve with us at Mom's and her & Lee came over for a little while on Christmas Day to swap gifts. She had really wanted a pink vacuum cleaner and we found one. She was sooooooo excited about it...lol:)
She pretty much works all the time now,so we don't see her that much.


Katie-


She is doing good! She has been shopping with me and helping me get ready for the Holidays for weeks now. She gets so excited about Christmas...she always has. She managed to save up her own money and bought an ipod for Dylan for Christmas this year. She kept begging me to let her give it to him early(she gets that from Nanny) but I made her wait. She put the ipod in the bottom of a big box and then covered it with candy. So Dylan thought he just got a box full of his favorite candies. He didn't care...he liked that, but then he got so excited when he realized what she had done.


Then Santa brought her one too:) So they've been busy playing with those and adding music:)


Ashley-


Ashley wasn't feeling very well this Christmas. She ran a small temp and just wasn't really feeling well or herself at all. She also was really worried about Corey & Anna. Ashley is very tender hearted and caring and when something happens to any of us, she gets really upset...I guess she gets that from me. However, before Christmas she was soooooooooo excited. She kept Christmas music playing on all the radios and she helped me shop, cook, wrap, and get ready for the Holidays. She helped me out a lot with the babies too. She loves Christmas just like me:)



Corey & Anna
They stayed with us for a few days around the Holidays. It was nice having them here on Christmas eve to help Santa put toys together:) I think Corey was just as excited as the little kids. He tried out the toys first and couldn't wait Christmas morning for the kids to wake up. He was the 1st one up and boy was he loud. He did his best to wake everyone up...and he did.


Boys will be boys:)


Anna got a camcorder this year, so she pretty much recorded what the kids were doing and just set back and watched Corey acting like a big kid:)



The little kids-


We were so excited that Bay's mom let us have her for a few hours Christmas eve. We were able to take her to mom's and she was so excited to see Nanny and Memaw. Her and Amber kept looking at all the gifts and both figured out quickly that wrapped boxes had fun stuff inside. It was fun having two babies for Christmas, but they kept me on my toes.



Trin-





He was super excited this year! He had only asked me for one thing and it was the pokemon ranger shadows of alma game. So when he got that and the other gifts he got, he was soooooooooooooo happy!! However, that ended up not being his favorite gift. On Christmas morning, He got up before I did. When I got in the den, he said guess what I got Mrs Sandy?!?! And, getting excited myself ,because he was so excited, I asked." what?"(thinking it would be the game). He said, "I got a new tooth brush". He was so excited to have a pokemon spin brush. Everybody that has asked him what he got for Christmas has been told about his new tooth bush:) He was a lot of fun this Christmas. On Christmas eve, at mom's house, He said,"This is the best day of my whole life". It was so sweet!!!!!! Because I really worry sometimes about our foster kids and their Christmas traditions and I worried that he missed being with his mom this year.
And I was just happy to be able to spend the Holidays with some of the people I love. I was glad to see Nanny and Mama feeling better this year,because they've both been so sick for so long. To see them up and moving was blessing enough for me:)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your family is so beautiful. I love that you always have lots going on.
    Looks like y'all had a great Christmas.
    You are so cute in that picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...