~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 20, 2008

Our weekend

It was an awesome weekend!! On Friday evening, we did our normal girls night out:)
On Saturday, I got up early and decorated the church for Matt & Kelly's shower. ..that was so much fun:) I'll try to add a few of the pics. I liked that I could decorate it anyway I wanted and so I did:)
After the shower, I hurried home to see my sweet baby "Bay" .Brent went and picked her up. I got in, changed our clothes, and left to take Bay to see Nanny. She always wants me to bring her, but sometimes we are so busy when we have her that it is hard to get around to all the family. So since she saw mom the last time, we took her to see Nanny. She loves nanny. After that, we ran and picked up papa John's pizza for Brent's birthday. That is what he asked for and a big cheesecake with all the cheese cake flavors on one...yummy!!!
On Sunday, we got up and went to morning service. After church ,all the kids came to the house and we cooked Spaghetti and had family day. After we ate, the kids carved pumpkins and Brent took pictures. We had a really good time together. The weekend just didn't last long enough. It flew by, but it was fun.
Also, we have decided to be "Uncle Brent" and "Aunt Sandy" to Bailey. Her mom came up with it. We are trying to get away from "Da-Da" and "ma-ma", so that Bay won't be so confused when she is older. When she is older her mom said she is gonna explain to Bay about how we became part of her life, but for now we are trying to get away from the ma-ma and da-da. It's hard because everytime something doesn't work out for her,she says, "ma ma" at the top of her lungs and runs to me. We were "Mama" and "dada" and that is all she knew for the last year, so I guess it will take time to change that. She is just so precious:) It doesn't matter to us what she calls us. We all just loooooove her sooooooooooooo much and I thank God everyday that her mom has allowed us to be a part of her life.
Well that is all for this time. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that you can still see Bailey, especially since you were a part of each other's lives for, I would guess, most of her life. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...