~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 24, 2008

Catching up on my BFS assignments!


Assignment-#104
Never Leave Home Without It...
hmmm....something I never leave home without???? Usually, my kids and my cell phone. It never fells if I leave my cell at home, someone tries to reach me ,and it is usually one of the kids. So I guess for this assignment it would be my beloved cell phone. But the only problem is I forget to keep it charged...grrrrrr

Now, speaking of forgetting, let me share what I did one time. Back a few years ago when my first four kids were all young. We went to church one Sunday morning and after church I left one of my kids by accident:) No really...I did. See, back then my in-laws all went to church with us and we all rode in separate vehicles, and usually the kids always begged to ride home with our relatives and they always did...every Sunday, because after all ,we were all going to the same place (PawPaw Howell's for dinner). Well, on this particular Sunday, we got home and shortly after we all arrived, a church member drove up ,and let out one of my kids . I felt like the worst mom ever and at that moment I really was:) But our church member just laughed and asked me did I forget one:) I did...I know that is bad:(
So please people count heads when you are leaving anywhere.


Memory Verse-Matthew 28: 20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen
----------------------------------
Assignment #105
M'm M'm Good....
I'm not sure what to do with this assignment, because I haven't cheated by looking to see what everyone else has done. So let me think what to do with, "M'm M'm good"
Maybe I will share a recipe that I like that requires Campbell soup in ,after all Campbell soup is "M'm M'm good!"
Green Bean Casserole
Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
A dash of ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cut green beans
1 1/3 cups French's French Fried Onions

Directions:
MIX soup, milk, soy, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.
BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.
STIR . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 more min.

Memory Verse-
Psalms 13:6-I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
-------------------------
Assignment #106
Memory Verse-
Isaiah 40: 1-Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

"Have It Your Way!"
Assignment: Tell us all about how you have “your” relaxing time, more especially how during the cooler months you take time to curl up with your favorite movie, book, Bible study, and what your favorite warm drink would be.

On a cold day I love to curl up next to the fireplace (with my little boy) in a blanket and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. I've never really liked coffee. Hot chocolate and spiced tea are my all time favorites and who better to share them with than my little man "Jacob Noah". He thinks I'm a cool mom ,because I put the marshmallows in his hot chocolate *wink*. It just makes sweet memories.
I remember as a child my mom made Russian tea. It's sweet tea with Cinnamon sticks in it. No we aren't from Russia ,but that was one of the recipes I remember from my child hood.

RUSSIAN TEA

6 cups boiling water
6 tea bags
2 sticks cinnamon
8-10 cloves
1 quart pineapple juice
1 quart orange juice
1-3 ounce can frozen lemon concentrate-undiluted
1/2-1 cup sugar
Directions
Steep tea and spices in boiling water and remove. Add sugar. Mix juices and lemon concentrate in large pitcher. Add tea mixture. Dilute to taste.

Intro: “Have It Your Way” (Burger King) - As cooler weather approaches and the winter eases into our doors I like to lounge by the fire after a hot shower. I love to make soups that are brimming with tomatoes. Most of the soups I make have tomatoes in them. Our whole family love tomatoes, except they have to be mashed up...no big lumps.
--------------------------------
I hope that I done these right:) I'm new at BFS and trying to catch up with the class:)




2 comments:

  1. HIP HIP HOOORAY.. I love your catchup post and that Russian Tea looks fantastic. I drink Chai, so this is just up my ally.

    Welcome to Blogger Friend School

    Mrs. Sombra
    BRS Teacher
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/Morelittlewilsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you looked new. Welcome to class. Forgetting a kid is no new thing-my hubby was fogotten at church one Sunday (many moons ago) and they didn't realize it til they got home-so another 15 min later they returned to get him. Good thing he didn't take it personally. I guess with 6 kids and all, it was possible. I keep seeing the Russian tea recipe....now for sure I must try it-sounds rather easy and delish.
    Blessings and hope to see ya next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...