~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 24, 2008

Pray for us

Well, I officially know when my baby girl (Bay) will be leaving me *tears*. I talked to the case manager and she gave me Aug 17 as the day she nolonger needs to be in a foster home. Of all the days in the year, it has to be my birthday....grrrrr
However, Bay will be basically moving home on the 12th, due to the fact that each week I have to add one extra night to her family visits, until we have her moved home...so that she has time to adjust slowly. On the week before she leaves she will be staying five nights . So pretty much that means she goes home on the 12th.
I am taking it okay, so far. I've accepted it at this point(or atleast I think I have). Her mom has told dfcs and us that she wants us to remain in Bay's life. I just pray that will never change. I'm just so scared that she is just saying that to make us feel better. I've tried to be as good to Bay's family as I could from the very start and I pray they will be just as considerate of our family.
Anyhow, I know it will hit me when I finally start packing up her baby things and moving them to her new home. It is gonna be the hardest thing losing Bay. She has been with us so long. I had never allowed myself to get this attached to any child besides my own, and I hope I never get attached to another foster child like I did her, because it hurts deeply.
Bay doesn't really seem to understand. She is happy here and she seems to be happy there too.
My friend Maria wrote me a letter the other day and she worded it as if it was coming from a birth family. She told me (not the exact words) but basically that Bay had to move on just so that I could have room to reach out to another child . I can't even begin to thank her enough for her words. They really helped me to see that keeping Bay is not God's Will and that God has another plan for me.
I do want God's Will for my life and I know sometimes God's ways aren't easy for us to understand. But, we just have to accept that He knows what is best for us.
Please just keep our family in your prayers, especially as the dreaded day draws closer. Pray that we will have the peace we need. Also, continue to pray for Bay and her family.
Thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...