~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 24, 2008

Finally!!!

Well, after a loooooooooooooooooooooooong hiatus, it seems Brent is finally ready to start back working on our extra room. I had about decided that the room was never gonna be anything besides a covered porch...grrrrr So I decided to start the ball rolling myself. I got out there and cleaned it off, because it had started accumulating after Anna's wedding. We kinda pushed the rubbermaid containers (full of wedding stuff) out there. So finally, I got those moved. Now he has no excuse.
I think my father-in-law has done all he was gonna do(all the stuff Brent couldn't do). Now, it's up to Brent to finish. Brent is the world's worst procrastinator. I have mentioned it to him almost every single day since they laid down their hammers and it always leads into a huge fuss. Brent just doesn't understand. If that room was finished it would make the kids and my life alot easier and better. I wouldn't have to listen to my kids complain that the little kids are in their stuff. I would have a place for the kids to play. They wouldn't have to share rooms with my kids and it would get the kids out of my living room(where they play now) and into a room where they could just be kids. I told Brent that I was not gonna take anymore foster kids until the room is done. I just don't think it's fair to my kids. Teens don't like baby proof rooms. They like being able to leave their stuff the way they want and to decorate the way they want, and they can't do that with little ones in their rooms.
I wish I would have spent more time with my dad and learned how to do all of this stuff myself, because I would have finished it a long time ago, but I have no idea where to start. Once Brent puts the walls up and the floors down, I can finish it from there by myself. He went and priced the siding,and he said if I would get everything moved he would get started... so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he will get it done this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...