~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 25, 2008

A little good news!!

I took Jacob back to see the dentist ,that done some of the work in his mouth when he was a baby.
Just in case some of you don't know, Jacob's baby teeth came in unhealthy. By the time he was a year old his teeth were turning brown and had to be removed. For the first three years of his life he was in a dentist office. The last time he went at age 3, they put him in the hospital and done alot of work in his mouth. At age 3, they finally were able to seal what baby teeth he had left. I took him back yesterday. I was so scared that she would say he needed work in his mouth. He has already been through so much pain in his life, due to his teeth that I hated taking him.. I took him in and he did have a few problems. He had lost a cap off of his back tooth, and he did not let me know. He had also pulled a baby tooth, but a part of its root was still in the gum, so it will have to be removed, and they found one tooth with a tiny spot, but they will be able to fix it.
So what is the good news???? His new teeth are coming in healthy!!!!!!!!! We were all afraid that his second set of teeth would be bad , just like the first set was, but she said they all looked normal and healthy. She said the problem that Jacob has is that he doesn't produce enough good bacteria in his mouth and that he will always be at risk of losing his teeth. Starting from now on and for the rest of his life they want to see him every six months, just to be sure that they catch any problems early on and they will seal any new teeth he gets as quick as they can.
They will also be putting in a backwards retainer in his mouth(for space) because his mouth is already over crowded. He will also have to have braces, but with the retainer he won't have to have braces nearly as long. I wasn't surprised about the braces. I've basically lived in the orthodontist office for the last 4+ years...grrrr Three of the girls (Anna, Ashley, and Samantha) had braces. Now it's the boy's turn I guess.
Jon gets his next month, and then after all of Jacob's baby teeth are pulled, I guess he will be going too...grrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...