~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 22, 2008

I'm a survivor!

yes, you heard it right. I am a survivor! Yesterday, I had it to myself because my girls had gone clothes shopping. I managed to take 4 little ones inside the health department and inside the health check room that measured about 10x12 and put a double stroller in it , which left only about standing room. Not only was the room small it was cluttered...just right for the kids to explore and destroy and believe me they did...grrr
It was crazy. I took Bay and put her in the back of the stroller and for the most part she was a happy girl, Amber for whatever reason decided to scream at the top of her lungs for the whole two + hours we were there. She did not want to be in the stroller or held. She wanted to get down so she could get into everything. I do mean everything in that room . I also had Austin(my friend's 3 year old explorer) which was just as busy as Amber.
The dfcs workers tried to help by holding Amber,but that only made it worse. They tried everything to make her happy ,while I filled out the mountain of paperwork that they gave me to do. She screamed like someone was killing her. She managed to flip all the health pamphlets off the wall(including the shelves) and they all fell behind the file cabinets. She swept all the paper work off the nurses desk, and basically she managed to flip the room upside down... along with Austins help. They together, even managed to flip over the contaminated box. Luckily, I grabbed them both before they got exposed (yes ,I can turn into wonder woman when needed).
Austin, he would not stay put for more than a second. He kept running out of the room and down the dfcs halls. The room was so tight that I basically had to squeeze to get out of the door to catch him. He likes to hide and that building with all those offices is huge with many hiding places. I knew if he hid we would never find him. When I caught him(each time), I brought him back in the room and told him to sit down he would just scream "NO" in this high pitch voice and run right back out.
Trin, my little foster boy...thank Goodness he was very well behaved. He took his shot , blood work, finger stick, and TB test just like a little man. However, he wanted me to hold his hand each time, and at that moment I wished I was an octopus with more arms...grrr
Then it was Amber's turn. Amber was behind on shots. She needed 5 shots, blood work, finger stick,and a TB test. Now, she might look like a frail little one year old ,but she turns into hulk when she sees needles. It took all I had to hold her down for all of that and she still managed to kick me and the nurse.
Well, finally they tell us goodbye and I take them out to my hot van (it was in the mid 90's), I buckle them in their seats and both Amber and Austin started screaming at the same time, because they did not want to ride in their carseats. I managed to get them buckled and I pulled out on the main road and realized that they were paving the road. So we sat and waited 20+ minutes ,because they stopped my line when they got to me ,and didn't let me go through the 1st time. The van had not had enough time to cool, so the kids are all pouring sweat. Then, a migraine decides to hit me (full blown). Just as I thought it was my turn (because the sign man flipped the sign from stop to slow) and I hit my gas to go. Then he started flagging me down. He didn't realize he had the sign turned wrong. So I pulled back off the road. He comes over to my van, I roll down the window (and loose what cool air we had) ,and he tells me he is really sorry about that.
A little after 6pm, I finally got home from my 3:00 appointment. I walked in the door and handed the kids to Brent and I told him that I had to lay down... I was so sick. After a couple of doses of migraine meds, a shot of caffeine, and an hour or so in the dark...I felt like a brand new person.
Brent he was sweet, he didn't even ask me to start dinner. He just told me to lay there until I felt better and he said, "When you feel like it get up and I'll take you out for dinner".
If the Lord was testing my patience yesterday... I failed miserably.
However, I made it! I managed to handle the four and come out with every hair still in intact. I'm a survivor!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...