~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jun 16, 2008

Is it really Monday already??? grrrrrr

Well, the weekend went pretty well. I'm starting to feel some better. I've had a sore throat and headache for the last few days. I get this way about this time of the year, every year. I pretty much took it as easy as I could this past weekend. I actually got a lot of rest, thanks to my girls. They helped me out all weekend.
On Friday, I brought home 2 foster children to keep for the weekend so that their foster family could have a break. They were ages 9 and 10. I was so worried that I would have my hands full, because these two girls have major issues. But, they didn't give me any problems at all. Actually they were some of the best kids I've had so far. They got up early Saturday morning ,because they had to go to counciling ,and before they left they cleaned their room and made their beds. I was like wow! Maybe I should just send my bio kids to stay at the foster kids house next weekend, so that the foster mom could train mine...lol They cleaned up after themselves and helped me with everything...not because I asked, but because they wanted to. They were sweet. I took them home on Sunday, and the shy one told her foster mom if she decided to go on vacation that she just wanted to go stay with Mrs Sandy...It made me feel good:)
Yesterday was Father's Day. We didn't really do anything for it. Brent's Dad lives in Alabama, so he just called his dad and wished him a happy day. Me, I have 2 dad's. My real dad actually called me instead of me calling him. He lives in South Ga, and his phone doesn't have service there, so he called me instead. However, I missed his call, because I was at church *tears*, but I left him a Father's Day message on his voice mail. My other Dad was in bed sick with a fever. I'm not real sure what is wrong. He is stubborn...just like my mom and won't go to the doctor when he's sick. So pretty much Father's Day was spent resting.
Well, after a good weekend, I ended upgoing to bed around 11pm. By 1 am, Bailey woke me up screaming. I think she may be getting sick. She was so fussy and didn't go back to sleep until after 3am and even then she fussed in her sleep...which is not like her at all. Bay is the sweetest natured baby I've ever been around. I may have to take her to the doctor today. It is 7:06 am and so far she is still asleep. I gave her tylenol and maybe that has helped her rest better.
I already have one appointment today. Katie has to go back to the dentist for her cavity to be fixed. We cancelled her oral surgery because it was the same week as Anna's wedding and I was afraid that Katie would not feel like attending Anna's wedding. I've got to reshedule it soon.
Well, I should get up and get busy. It's Monday and it's always a busy day for me. Just trying to catch up after the weekend keeps me pretty busy. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...