~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 5, 2014

Our trip to the farm...

Today we spent our first day at McKenna Farms. We met our new therapist Mrs M. I think she will be a great match for our little Blaze and for us. I was a bit nervous to be starting over with a new therapist. Our old speech therapist had just gone as far as she could with our little man. Our Babies Can't Wait service coordinator recommended McKenna Farms to us. I tossed between McKenna and Dyanamic therapy and wasn't sure which one would be best for our little guy. McKenna was closest to us and since he will be going there twice a week, distance mattered a whole lot.


 I had considered  Dyanamic therapy because I know that they can help kids with communication devices. However, I found out today at McKenna Farms that Dyanamic therapy works along with them and will be able to help us to get Blaze his very own communication device a Dynavox. My little guy will get a voice!!!!!! We are really excited about it. With a dynavox he will be able to communicate with everyone, even people who do not know sign language.


Blaze will keep his OT, PT, and ASL teachers that come to our house ,but McKenna farms will just be extra *fun* therapy, which Blaze really needs and we will be working with a therapist who is better trained to meet Blaze's unique needs. I think this is going to be a great thing for him.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...