~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 10, 2013

Looking for treasures...

Today, I asked Brookelyn if she wanted to go walking. After days and days of rain I was really in need of some sunshine and exercise. She said, "Yes MeMe, but can we look for treasures like a treasure hunt?". Of course I told her that we could.
So off we went...

 
She said , "MeMe I can push
 the babies for you".
So she did.
She's a BIG helper.
 
We walked, and talked, and laughed, and she danced...lol
 
 
And hid behind trees
and even ran from a bee.
 
and the babies were amused.
 
 
 
 
We looked for treasures,
and looked for treasures.
 
She found some honeysuckles.
She even tasted one.
 
 
and I explained to her how
some things can harm us,
like wild mushrooms,
 
and the three leaves that
make us itch really bad.
 
We talked about the different trees.
She signed "trees" to Joshua.
 
 
 
Then she helped him to sign it.
 
 
We've been working on trees for a while now.
I think he understood today
because I signed it and he looked up at the trees.
 
 
Oh my blue eyed boy
how I love you.
 

 
 
We looked at flowers,
 
and sniffed flowers.
I love gardenias.
They are my favorites.
 
 
 
These make me think of my brother Robby.
RIP my sweet brother.
Gone but never forgotten.
 
Then she found it!!!!!
Just what she was looking for.
She was one happy little girl.
In fact she found several.
She was so excited.
She calls these things "wishes".
 
 
She blew probably a dozen or more.
She said, "MeMe you have lots
of *wishes*".
 
 
I asked her, What did she wish for?
She said,"For a baby sister"...lol
and I asked what else?
She said, "Wishes for my mommy and daddy,
and Maddox, and Jax, and Addie".
(Those are her little friends).
She's a thoughtful child and I love
that about her.
 
 
Uncle Jacob came to see what we were up to.
Brookelyn said, "Oh just looking for treasures".
 
 
 
 
"Treasure each day because when it's gone,
 you can never get it back. "
~Byron Pulsifer
 


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...