~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 2, 2013

Another branch on our family tree...

 
I'm going to be a MeMe again!
Corey, Anna, and Brookelyn Shay
are expecting a new baby!
 
It's funny how I found out.
 
Corey came to drop Brookelyn off for the day and I was asking Brookelyn about her new baby cousin "Jack" who was born yesterday. I asked Brookelyn, "Who is a new big cousin again?" She looked at me kinda funny like she didn't understand. I asked her again. She just looke at me. So I changed my question. I asked her ,"Who has a new baby?" and she said, "My mommy does in her belly". I said, "No your mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly"(I brushed off her answer because she's said that before). So I asked her, "Did your uncle Tim and Aunt Jenna have a new baby?" She said, "Yes and my mommy does too". Then she ran in the kitchen (where I guess her daddy was hiding out listening panicking) and she told her daddy," Daddy, MeMe said mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly". Corey quickly walks by and says "I got to go. I love yall" and walks out the door....quickly. I said, "Come here Bookie Shae". "Who told you that your mommy has a baby in her tummy?" She said, "My daddy did". She said, "My daddy said my mommy has a baby in her belly".
 
That's how I found out. Then a few hours later (out of the blue) her daddy calls just to see how she is doing. I don't ever recall him calling to ask me how Brookelyn is doing (He knows how she is doing when she's with her meme). So I simply said, "She's doing good". Then I just paused and waited on him. (I imagine he was about to go nuts). Then he finally broke down and told me.  He can't keep secrets from me no matter how hard he tries...lol
 
Brookelyn will be 4 or close to 4 when the baby comes. So that's a good space I think.  She is going to be a great BIG sister. She loves babies just like her MeMe does.
 
We are all very happy for Corey, Anna, and Brookelyn. Our little family tree is not so little anymore. God just keeps on blessing us and we are so thankful. We love all of our little branches. God sure has been good to us.
 
 





Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...