~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 26, 2012

Oh baby what's your name????

I never dreamed that My hubby & I would be fussing over baby names. I truly believed our baby naming days were over...lol I never dreamed that we would be new parents again. Wow! I'm still in shock. Now, we must name our little bundle of joy and at the rate we are going we won't have it done before he is grown...lol. There are just so many names and we can't agree on anything.. He likes this. I like that. Oh what will we name our baby boy?
Should we keep part of his original name? Should we decide all by ourselves? Should we let our kids decide (like we did with Jacob Noah)? Will we take a family vote since everything we ever do is a family event. Should we draw a name from a hat? Or should we let my mom name this one, because she would LOVE to (She named Ashley)? She's already called me *twice* today with baby names.
My mother-in-law wants us to completely change his name, because of his odd name. His birth parents gave him an off the wall name. The birth parents couldn't agree on names, so mom chose the first name & dad chose the middle and then to top it off the last name is just as weird. He has a name that no one could ever forget. His birth mom asked me at court if I was going to change his name and I told her we are for sure going to change the middle name and her next words were "Thank You!". She hates his middle name.
His  birth name sounds like one of those names the celebrities name their kids or like a name from a movie screen. BTW, why do celebrities always name their kids such odd names? Don't they know those kids have to live with their names????
Oh baby, what shall we name you? Maybe perfect, because to us that's exactly what you are:)

 
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this post made me chuckle a little because we are right there with you on choosing a name for ours! This one being the 6th girl is proving to be a challenge. We have a million boy names but that won't work. :/ lol I want this one's name to be uncommon but not weird, godly, sweet, angelic and peaceful. Now add all that up and put names to a vote here and... hmmm... you'd hear an interesting discussion. lol There are 7 people in this house with different opinions. So what is this mama doing... I'm praying that God tells me what her name is. ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...