~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 24, 2012

Simple minded but thankful...

Yes, they are all mine. All these beautiful wonderful people that you see on my blog are mine. My family,my hubby, my children, my friends, my life. I am soooo thankful for each & every one. God has truly blessed me.

When I was young I wanted to know my family. I knew most of my mom's side of the family, but for the most part our family consisted of 7 people. (My mom, step-dad daddy, 2 brothers, nanny, uncle, and me). I had no first cousins to grow up with. I had 2nd & so on cousins, but we weren't really close to any of them and they were scattered about. We saw them from time to time (family reunions, deaths, etc), but not often.

As for my real dad, I didn't know him until I was a teen. Some of his family had no idea he even had kids. Sad. I know. I had lots of first cousins on his side, but I didn't know any of them or any of my uncles or aunts. So all of my life I felt like I was cheated and I was. I had only a one sided family. It's ok now, I am much older. It doesn't bother me like it use to.  I had a selfish parent (dad) who did not care about us as much as he did himself. Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if my dad would have loved us & taken care of us. What would it have been like to know my uncles? What would it have been like to love my aunts? What would it have been like to play with my cousins and grow up together? How fun it would have been to know & love both sides of my family. How sad it is that I didn't have that.

Well, I knew way back then that I would grow up & have a great big family. I did! I pictured myself with a cute little house and three little kids. Wow! I never imagined my life would turn out like this. God blessed me above anything my simple mind could have ever imagined. Why? I don't know. I don't deserve it.

However, you probably won't find another person on earth that loves their family more than I do or a person that thanks God as much as I do for it.  They are precious to me. I love my family with all my heart. The one I created with my hubby & the extras that God just threw in as a bonus. Rich is the man that has his quiver full. That's what the Bible says. Rich indeed I am. Thank you Lord for your blessings on us.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. I just went through the last few posts! You are very blessed. Made me think of Job in the Bible. You talked about your childhood and wonder why you are so blessed now, because of your faith and love for God.

    Love the photo updates! And congratulations on your new handsome son! I am happy for you!
    You have so much love and you are giving it to these children that so need it!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...