~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 21, 2012

Update on our baby...

Just wanted to update you all on BB our foster baby. On Thursday (May 17), I took BB walking and I looked down and found him turning purple. He had started having seizures and stopped breathing. We called 911 and was taken to Children's in Atlanta. We are home now. We got released yesterday. He is now on seizure medicines twice daily and we hope that he never ,ever ,ever has another one. Nothing has ever scared me that bad. They believe this is just one more thing that CMV has caused.
His next trip to Atlanta is this coming Thursday. He will be seeing a liver doctor at Children's. We don't know what to expect from it. Am I nervous? Yes. When I called to speak with the scheduler she went on and explained to me where I needed to be on Thursday and she said just come on up to the transplant floor. My heart skipped. Please pray for BB. Pray that his liver and spleen will regain their function and no transplant will be needed. He has been through enough already.
No he is not my child ,but while he is here in my home, he is. He is precious to me. He depends on me for everything. It breaks my heart watching him have to go through all of this. No baby should have to go through what he already has. Thanks for the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. My heart and prayers go out to you and your little one! There is nothing harder than watching your child hurt. (biological or not) I will pray for God to keep His hands on your little one and to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...