~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 14, 2012

It was a sweet Mother's Day...


I had such a sweet Mother's Day yesterday. I enjoyed a wonderful day with my children and in the evening with my own Mom. My Hubby surprised me with new bushes for the front of our house (something I've been wanting / we've needed for a while). He bought me one for each of our children. How sweet was that? It was just so sweet. He's a keeper that's for sure.

The kids surprised me with the sweetest cards & gifts and the best of all, their time, kisses & hugs. I am so blessed. I can't thank God enough for my blessings, Samantha, Anna, Katie, Ashley, Jon, and Jacob. I am so thankful that God gave them to me. Without them I wouldn't be a Mom.


Then my precious church family at Beulahland Baptist Church brought tears to my eyes. They really touched my heart with these beautiful flowers and this sweet poem.

It was for sure a Mother's Day that I will never forget. I am blessed much more than I deserve and "Thank You" just seems so small. God has been good to me, so good!

What does the poem say?

Changing One Little Life
(Mama Sandy)

The phone call comes in. "Do you have enough room?" For one more young child that needs a home very soon. They may come to the door, tattered or bruised: their clothes are all dirty; maybe wearing no shoes...you welcome them in with a smile on your face; they'll have to adjust at their very own pace. Their life has been a hard, rocky road. Somehow you must help to lighten their load. They are going to need you to care for them now,so deep in your heart you silently vow- To make their life better than what they have now, to again make them smile, though you're wondering how.Each new day brings anger, sadness, and joy. You pray that your love can help this young child. Sometimes it seems that you're getting nowhere, and you wonder why God said, "Send this child there".

After an especially trying day when you're sure there must be an easier way, into the room, you hear footsteps now come, with a shy hug, they say, "I love you Mom". With tears in your eyes, you know just what to say, you've waited and waited for this very day. "Remember this, honey, and no matter what, you're special, I love you, you just hold on to that." And then when the day comes when you answer the phone...they're sending your little one back to their home. You think of the work that may be undone when they do send them back to the very same one. They're much different today then they were back when. Your hard work has paid off; you can see it in them. You hope and you pray they'll remember your love ,but you can't help but wonder, will it be enough? To carry them through what may lie ahead you try to be strong to cover your dread. Your head says you must get through the goodbyes but the weight in your heart feels like part of it's died. Later, you learn they are doing well. They come over to visit and you really can tell. Their life isn't perfect but it's turning out quite nice, so you have made a difference in one little child's life.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...