~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 4, 2012

BB's Well check...


Yesterday was BB's 2 month well check. Where have the last two months gone? I don't have a clue. It's just been crazy. This little punkin has kept his foster mommy very busy. He's my miracle baby. He has already touched so many lives.

At his check today the doctor filled in a few gaps on things I was wondering. I knew they had done lots of testing in Atlanta, but I wasn't for sure exactly what all for. So far everything has led back to CMV and prematurity.

I think he can see ,but I don't think he sees good. He does have nystagmus. His ped and the two docs from Atlanta believe he sees things as shadows. However, sometimes he looks right at me and acts like he sees me.  I am not so sure he can hear. We won't know until the audio wave test is done. He really doesn't respond to noise...not even very loud noises. He has very little sucking reflex but he & I have clipped all of his bottle nipples and  now with a steady drip he is getting it. He has doubled his weight. He is 10 lbs & 2 ozs & 21 inches now. He was in th 2% but now he is in the 11th!!!  He use to take hours to drink a 2-3 oz bottle. It was unbelievable. I was exhausted from pretty much holding a bottle in his mouth 24/7 and he was exhausted from trying to get it.. Now with a clipped nipple it takes him about 15-20 minutes to eat (which is about average) and he is so much happier. Every one is amazed at how he has grew and how well he is doing. I'm just so thankful he's not on a feeding tube. We figured out our own way to feed him and it works!

He may not see well and he may not even hear me, but he knows who I am and he knows he is loved. He just cuddles up in my arms and we just snuggle. He likes to crawl up my chest and put his head right under my chin. It's precious. His favorite times are being snuggled and taking a bath. He loves baths.

He wasn't able to get all of his first baby shots. They just felt it was to risky right now to put live viruses in. So we are having to start some shots later. I just want what is best for my baby and I am sooooo thankful for our team of doctors who are working so hard to make all the right decisions so that BB can have the best life possible.

 He is a unique little guy. That has made him even more special to us. We are blessed to be his foster family:)

I've heard some say that they would just send him to another home.  Well, I'm not. I don't give up on kids and I've never sent one of my fosters back. When we got him we thought he was a healthy newborn, but he wasn't, and though we are saddened about it, we are okay with it. While he is here we will do everything in our power to be sure he is taken care of and that he has everything he needs. No, it won't be easy, but nothing ever is, except for giving up.

 I'm working for the Lord. This is what God has called me to do and it's an honor to take care of one of HIS little miracles.



  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. You are truly an amazing woman! Baby is blessed to have you care for him. I always get little heart tugs to be a foster mommy, my husband is not so sure, and our house is tiny. But I guess I need to trust the Lord to lead me where He wants me to go. God bless you and give you strength for every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...