~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 6, 2012

Alive & Well....

Wow!!! It's been a while since I've posted on here. LIFE has been a roller coaster ride these last few weeks. So here is a quick update ,but hopefully later this week I can post in more detail. So where have I been and What's happening around here?...

1.We have a new foster. A newborn 5 lb baby boy that we shall refer to as "Baby B or BB" on my blog.  JJ named him "Baby Butter"...lol I think he thinks this baby is his brother ,because his mom just had a new baby and he's a lil confused. I've explained that this is not the baby that came out of his mommy's tummy,but he still thinks it is his brother. So baby butter "BB" it shall be.

2.New placements= Extra visits from DFCS, a meeting with our new CASA, a meeting with our new GAL, first checkups(extra because he is so new and preemie), visitations, and a WIC appointment...all in one week. Did I mention sleepless nights? Yes, I've had plenty of those this week.

3.We were in one of the areas in GA that was hit by the tornadoes ,but praise God our life and home was spared. One of the most devastated areas was our county. When the storm came over the GA line it hit Haralson county first right where my daughter Katie's home is, but she was spared. She called me from a neighbor's closet to tell me she was in the middle of a horrible storm(It was still calm and quiet like nothing was happening here), but she said mom it's bad here, and she told me that we should all go ahead and seek shelter. Then she told me she loved me. Talk about feeling helpless and scared. I hate it when storms come and my children are scattered. I wanted them here with me. Thankfully, the storm skipped Katie's ,but hit all around and damaged many homes. Then it started our way. We got numerous calls before the power went out to seek shelter immediately and we did. I know what storms can do.  Thankfully it jumped our home ,but hit some homes up the road. Then it was headed toward Anna's place. ..one of the worst hit places in paulding county. It hit the three homes right beside Anna's and then jumped hers and hit the next house down. Talk about a close call. Next it was headed toward my mom's. Between my house and mom's it hit a school, the airport, and numerous homes ,but skipped my mom's and hit some homes up the road from hers. So it was amazing how close we all came. Anna had to stay with us a few days ,because you couldn't get to her home and her power was out for days. It was for sure a scary time but praise be to God, he heard my prayers and protected my most precious thing...my family. We are all just left with lots of cleanup, but we can't complain. We are alive and well. I'll post pics soon. I saw that someone had video taped Anna's place. So I'll try to find that video because you wouldn't believe just how close it was and just how much damage it done. Seeing it in person was something else.

4.No new info on JJ or Z's case. However we do have court coming up next week on JJ and then next month on Z. I don't expect anything new on JJ ,but I'm still worried about Z's. Please keep praying. We still don't have a set TPR court date. So we still have no end in sight. He has now been with us 17 out of 18 months of his life. If we lived in any of the surrounding counties he would already be our forever son, but unfortunately we chose to live in the most foot dragging and unorganized counties in this state...grrrrrrrrr I don't even know what good court will be on Z next month. I can't believe it's been 2 months since the judge said file the TPR but it still hasn't been done. It's so frustrating.

5. Other than that, we have been church attending, church play practicing, house work/ organizing(although it never lasts more than a day), homeschooling, coupon clipping, book reading, child loving, picture taking, and just trying to keep up with this thing called life ...

That's what we've been up to these days. How about you?

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...