~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 2, 2012

Little Moments...

I haven't mentioned our foster JJ that much lately, but he is still here and doing great. Absolutely NOTHING is going on in his case. His parents aren't visiting (by choice). I have yet to meet his parents and he has been here since September. The parents have not even started on their case plan. Nothing. Not one single thing is going on. All I've heard from the case worker and CASA is that most likely parents won't do anything and this will most likely be a termination case. The judge (at the 3 month hearing) told DFCS to pick a forever family before the 6 month hearing. That was a first for me. So different from Z's long drug out case. How can parents not visit their kids? He's just a little 4 year old boy. How can they not care at all. These parents didn't even show up for court...that was a first for me too. All of my past birth parents have worked their case plans (some a little slower than others) but they did it and none of them ever missed a court hearing. So this is all new to me and I've been fostering for almost 7 years. I have no idea what the outcome will be with JJ ,but for now there is no end in sight.


Let me share with you a sweet little moment that I shared with JJ the other day...
I was setting in the laundry room floor folding our endless mountain of laundry and JJ came in and set in the floor beside me.

He said, "I just love your house".
I wasn't sure that I heard him right
so I asked him,  "You love my house?".
He said,  "Yes, I just love your house".
I said,  "Well guess what?".
He said,  "What?".
I said,  "My house is your house too".
He said,  "I know". ( With a big smile on his face:)

I thought that was so precious. It's moments like that, that I'm reminded why I do this thing called foster care.



Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...