~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 5, 2012

It's That Time Again...


It's time to get back on schedule. It was back to school and back to work for us this week. Honestly, I wasn't excited at all. I have really enjoyed our two week break. We fully enjoyed the holidays. I was sad to see the holidays pass and the decorations come down, but it was time. So here we are just trying to get back to a normal rountine. It hasn't been easy. The kids are still pumped from the holdays.
 Z is still on steroids and ill as a hornet (as my mom would say). JJ our other foster jumped fell off the bed and busted his head open Tuesday night. We spent half the night in the ER getting staples.
We are also trying to get our house ready for inspection and trying to finish this looooong TO-Do list that the state gave us for our yearly foster parent re-certification. You would think after 7 years, they would know enough about us that we wouldn't have to go through the headache of a home study. It drives me nuts...really. I thought I had everything they needed and then they added that my son needed  a last minute health check and statement. Well his doc can't do that until next week.
I had planned to get this done before the holidays, but it didn't happen... We were just way to busy. Then I tried to do it last week...didn't happen, because Z had pneumonia and RSV and the twins had a tummy bug....grrrr. Then this week the pipes in my kitchen busted and flooded the house, that's been a huge pain & clean-up process...grrrrr So now we are set for Monday. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else goes wrong. My deadline is Thursday so it has to be done or they pull our license.
So that's what we are up to these days. How about you?
Please say a special prayer for our sweet little Z. We go to court next week and we are really hoping that the judge will rule in our favor, so that we can start the adoption process. He's been with us since he was one month old and now we can't even imagine our life without him. We didn't become foster parents 7 years ago to adopt ,but we love Z like he's our own. So pray for him & us. I never know what to expect from Ms Judge and sometimes she blows my mind with her rulings. So I'm a nervous wreck about it. Trust me when I say, it really would be in Z's best interest (not just our wants) for him to remain here with us. Please help us pray about it.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...