~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 22, 2011

The Pumpkin Prayer...

This is a repost from last year.
This is the Pumpkin Prayer and our pumpkin from last year. I thought you might enjoy it!
The Pumpkin Prayer
~~~~~~
Dear God,
As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer;
Open my mind so I can learn about you.
(cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sin and forgive me
for the wrong things I do.
(clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so your love I will see;
(cut the eyes in the shape of hearts)


I'm so sorry for turning up my nose to all you've given me.
(cut the nose in the shape of the cross)

Open my ears so your word I will hear.
(cut the ears in a rectangle like the shape of the Bible)


Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near
(cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)


Let your light shine in all I say and do!
In Jesus name.~Amen
(Place a candle inside and light it up)

Matthew 5-14-16
Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on a hill can not be hid.
Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel,
but on a candle stick;and it giveth light unto all
that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! Hunter and I will have to carve our pumpkin like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I really like this. Never heard it before. Thanks. Our daughter might like to do this with the kids at church. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...