~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jun 28, 2011

Update On Our Newest Foster...

As I mentioned before we have a new foster baby. A precious SHY baby girl. She has been through a whole lot since her birth. She's had several fractured bones all caused by child abuse. Most are old wounds that were never treated by a doctor:(
Yesterday, she saw her ortho doctor and she was very pleased at how well she is doing. She has one broken bone in her left leg and two broken bones in her right. The left leg may be well enough in 2 weeks to remove the cast ,but the right leg (femur injury) is going to take a while longer to heal.
Baby girl "R" is so tired of the casts. She wants to do things like crawl and pull-up and she tries so hard to even with casts on and she gets so frustrated with it.
She's an amazing little girl. When she looks up at you with her big blue eyes it can melt your heart. She has already touched so many lives just since she's been with us.
Her and Baby Z (our other foster) are 3 weeks apart in age. They are close to the same size. Baby R's a little taller ,but Baby Z is more chubby. They really seem to like each other and we are happy about that since it looks like they both may be with us for a while.
Please add baby R to your prayer list. Pray for complete healing of her body. She also has a lot of trust issues that we are also dealing with(as you can imagine). So we need lots of prayers.
 Thank you!
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

We Are On The Fence!
 

4 comments:

  1. Our family prays for her every night.

    Glad to hear that she is doing better. I have no doubt that most of her healing is coming from you and your amazing family. Bless you all for caring for so many that have been forgotten and mis-treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this just breaks my heart. Poor little thing. I will continue to pray for her and Baby Z also. I spoke to a Child Crimes officer yesterday and she informed me that things are much worse here than I thought. This really saddens me. I will never understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, on another note...I am so happy that your family is taking care of these children. May you be fully blessed because of your good heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...