~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 23, 2011

A not so lazy Sunday...

On Sunday, after church, we have started a new family tradition. We have been going over to my Mom's and spending the evening with them. I just don't have much time during the week to visit, between taking care of kids,work,school, running errands,housework, etc.


What has amazed me the most is how time flies the older I get. I know that time really is the same 24/7 as it was 100 years ago,but for some reason the days seem to fill up and pass faster than when I was young. Am I the only one who feels that way? Surely it's not just me.

Z is hooked on Memaw's hammock.
He just wanted to swing & swing.
I really believe he would have stayed in
it all night. But,Brookelyn wanted her turn.
I think we are going to  have to get one of these for our house.
Don't you wonder what they are talking about?
Brookelyn is talking up a storm now.
She can say tons of words but most of the time
she speaks her own language...lol
I think she likes sweet tea.
Her mommy usually doesn't allow caffeine
but she gave in this time.
Is there really anything more better than a good
southern sweet tea on a hot sunny day?
We like our sweet tea around here.
Southern Style Sweet Tea
I buy the family sized ice tea brew bags.
In a boiler I add two bags to
about 2 1/2 quarts of water.
I bring it to a boil.
Once it starts boiling,I let it for about a minute,
and then  I turn off the stove and let the tea set
in the boiler about 15 minutes or so.
I discard the bags and pour the tea
into a gallon sized jug.
I stir in 2 cups of sugar
and fill the jug up.
I put the jug in the fridge until it's cold.
Then,I fill a drinking glass full of ice
 and I fill it up with tea.
Add a couple of lemons
and you have southern style sweet tea.
~~~~~~~~~
Brookelyn and her Mommy "Anna".
I didn't plan to have pics made of me.
I try to stay behind the camera.
(My mom & I)
My Parents
Bless them Lord.
Mom and Anna
Two of my Girls-Anna & Ashley
(Samantha was at home taking it easy,
Katie was at Barrett's house
& Jon was at a friend's)
So that's why I have no pics
of them.

Our little monkey...she got her toes from her meme...lol
I don't know who she called....hehehe
But, it looks like they had a good conversation:)
Notice everyone in the background in the pic above? I took mom on Saturday to buy her very first computer! We've been trying to teach her and daddy how to use it. Corey & Anna were teaching them how to look up vacation rentals ,because we are all going to take a VERY  much needed family vacation within the next few weeks. I really think it would be good for all of us...especially my parents.
Hubby cut up a watermelon and I think Brookelyn kinda liked it...a whole lot of like ...lol
These next few pics cracked me up once I got home and went through my disk.
Watch Brookelyn's face...lol
mmmmmmmm......
Elbows & all.

I think my superman liked it too.


Did I ever tell you that I love my family? Oh,I do so much :)
I have been blessed.
God has been good to me.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...those watermelon photos are adorable! I need to cut a big ole wedge for Rylee this summer...what a great photo opp! And the hammock pictures are sweet too.

    Looks like you had a fun, family filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy these are adorable!
    Especially the hammock toes (A framer for sure!) And the precious watermelon eating photos! Oh what joy! Thank you for sharing these Darling Family photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...