~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 25, 2010

What a wonderful day...

Today has been wonderful. We celebrated Thanksgiving at my Mom's. We had a great time. My mom is doing amazing. She is feeling so much better and doing great. She was all smiles today, something I haven't seen in a very long time. I was going through our family albums and looking at pics from our past few holidays and mom looked really bad. A friend of my mom's wrote me and said that they had saw my mom and they said she looked really bad and they asked was she okay. She has had a ruff few years, but she's turned around now!!!!!! She is a new person. Praise be to God!!!! He answered my prayers.
Nanny made it to mom's this year too!!!! She really looked good. I was actually surprised at how good she looked. She said she didn't feel great, but she was okay. That's better than bad. She has decided not to take dialysis after all. It's tough for us to accept ,but it is her wishes. She said she didn't want to get up three times a week and have to go set for four hours. She is a home body and she hates getting out. She usually only leaves her house to go to the doctor or if it's a holiday she may or may not come to mom's. She is funny about getting out. I think maybe because she falls easily and she doesn't trust herself. She just wants to be home. Without dialysis her time is limited,but even with dialysis her time will be limited. So for now she says no to it. Only God knows when our time is up and when He is ready He calls us home. Nanny wasn't suppose to still be here according to her doctors, but she is a strong lady and a walking miracle. God answers prayers. Nanny accepted Jesus as her saviour last year, after thinking she was saved most of her life, so if she gets called home she will be ready to go. However, I don't want to give her up. I love her so much. She has been the best grandmother in the world. When God chose my Nanny to be my grandmother, He gave me the best He had. She taught me alot and I hope I can be just as good a grandmother to my angel baby Brookelyn Shae.
Most of my kids were there today and I sure was happy to see them. I was hoping we could get a family picture made, but we took no pictures at all. Yes, you heard that right:(  I didn't drive everyone nuts taken their pics this time. I know I'm going to regret it...I already do. I thought to myself, what if this is Nanny's last Thanksgiving with us? But I know I shouldn't think like that, but I do.
Over all, it's been a really sweet day. We all enjoyed ourselves and we all ate great. I even decided to make a last minute desert that turned out really good. It was called strawberry cheescake cupcakes, but it really wasn't like cupcakes ,because it didn't have cake mix. I'll try to post the recipe for you all. It was really simple and yummy.
Tomorrow, we have a Mother and Daughter shopping trip planned. Mom, Ashley, Katie, and Me are going to do a little Christmas shopping. It was my Mom's idea. Yes, you heard it right:) My Mom wants to go shopping because she feels good this year.  I'm excited about it. I can't wait to spend the day with them. I guess I should get off now... Little Z is more fussy tonight than normal. I think he is just worn out from being passed around all day. He sure liked cuddling with Nanny on the big comfy chair and he was just as content as he could be at mom's:) Nanny is just like me about babies. She LOVES babies. We are a baby family. Maybe that's why I had so many...hmmm lol
Goodnight & sweet dreams,

3 comments:

  1. Hello my beautiful friend.. it's been awhile *hugs* I'm so glad y'all had a nice day today! I was also happy to read that your mom is doing well! I'm sorry abotu your Nanny. My mom is on dialysis now and there is talk of a kidney transplant. No one thinks she's healthy enough, sadly. Like you said... only God knows when our time's up. Lots of love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sandy! Family...in the end it really is all that mattered...cherish every moment you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great day, too. We had all, but one of the kids here and their families!
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...