~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 12, 2010

Today's Devotion

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


Thoughts-
It is easy to acquire the mindset that the situations we face in life are much worse than anyone else. We can become so consumed by our troubles that they are all that we see and think about. As a result we spend endless hours swimming in a pool of self-pity. During these times we are not edifying God with our lives or our actions. The cure for a heavy heart is the presence of God, simply sitting quietly before Him and listening as He speaks His comfort and wisdom to our hearts. There is nothing in this life that is more fulfilling or precious then the time we spend taking every situation and every worry before Him. There is no feeling greater than the joy and peace that replaces our load. God is never annoyed by us; He is always there and ready to listen to us, to calm us, to give us rest, to renew our sense of purpose and self worth, to heal our hurts, and to give us hope. Life will continue to have its disappointments and every day will not always be good, but the presence of God is our retreat; it is the sanctuary for our souls.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this verse...Lord give me rest. Thank you for this uplifting and inspiring message. I really needed to read this. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this, Sandy. Another verse I love that reminds me to be with the Lord is "Be still, and know that I am God". It helps me remember to go to Him with all my burdens and give them to Him and just *be* with Him. He is GOD, He can take our burdens and fill us with His peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...