~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 22, 2010

Complete Randomness

This is just another of those RANDOMness post. You know, the kind that is over crowded with things that really don't matter to anyone but me. It's just something to post about I guess.
Well, here is my randomness for today.

While I'm posting this, this is what the kids are doing...so no they are not unattended or out of sight.
They built an awesome tent using a blanket and 4 bar stools:)
For lunch today, I decided I really wanted a fried green tomato...
not the movie...lol (although it is awesome too). No, I wanted
the kind you eat and I wanted it on a sandwich. 
So I headed out to the garden to pick a few...
and found these yummy little things:)
Aren't they dandy?
So I added them to the lunch menu too...yummy!
Then I headed to the kitchen and started cooking.
This wasn't the only cooking I did today.
I also cooked up a batch of laundry soap.
My friend Kristy gave me the idea several months ago
and even sent me a bar of
soap ...she's a sweetheart for sure!
So I made my own and it saved me $$$$$.
Here is my recipe...
Or to be exact....
Homemade Laundry Soap
First, mix the grated soap in a saucepan with 4 cups of water, and heat on low until the soap is completely dissolved. Add hot water/soap mixture to 3 gallons of water in the 5-gallon bucket, stir in the washing soda and Borax, and continue stirring until thickened. Let the mix sit for 24 hours, and you will have your own homemade laundry detergent and it is much cheaper than buying it and yes you can use any kind of soap you like.
~~~~~~~
As you can tell it worked well on my towels.
 The weather was pretty enough to hang them out to dry on the line,
 which also saved us $$$$$$....and that's ALWAYS a good thing.

See my sweet little baby grand-daughter....
She is the apple of her MeMe's eyes.
She is 6 months old now and growing like a little weed.
She is learning to belly crawl and can say ,"mama","dada",
and "boh boh"(bottle)...not "meme" yet,but we are working on it.
She can also set up by herself now.
She's a sweety for sure.
Her adorable little bonnet was made by my friend
It is perfect to protect her little bald head on
these sunny summer days.
Thanks so much Julie!!!
We love it!!!!
I hope you are all having a great Thursday too:)
If not, just look on the bright side, tomorrow is Friday:)
Well, that is my randomness for today.
Now, I'm off to a two hour meeting with DFCS...grrrrr

3 comments:

  1. The blanket and chair forts are the best! My kids love building forts, but they really like to use my kitchen table too.

    A friend gave me a similar same laundry soap recipe and it works great!

    Have a great weekend!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making my own laundry soap too!! Its great huh??

    How funny my munchkins made a tent last night too and are sleeping in it right now :)

    Have a blessed weekend!!
    Aimie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bonnet looks adorable on her. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...