~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jun 28, 2010

Today's Devotion


Proverbs 15:23
A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Thoughts-
Our lives impact those around us to one degree or the other. It matters how we act and react to the everyday situations of our lives. Regardless of whether we like it or want it people are watching us; our children, spouses, family, friends,acquaintances.and even strangers.
The actions of people tend to reproduce themselves. If one person begins to complain it's not long before others will join in the same song. A husband may come home from work having had a bad day feeling grumpy, tired and maybe even angry; it only takes a short period of time and the wife will begin to experience the affects of his actions. The same thing happens when our actions and reactions are positive. Others around will be influenced and it will reproduce. We can choose to allow the bad day of another to affect our mood and day or we can choose to reproduce the joy of the Lord that is within us. Our actions and attitudes convey a lot of what God has done in our lives. People notice the difference and the way one acts can promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ more powerfully than a thousand words.
What are your actions saying to others today?

1 comment:

  1. This post was truly beneficial to me. My prayer this morning regarding my children was that I would speak words and plant seeds to draw them closer to Christ. Your post was confirmation to my prayer.
    I read a few of your other posts and I must let you know, your blog is REFRESHING! I especially liked the picture of you with the t-shirt saying you were SUPER TIRED. LOL!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...