~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 10, 2010

What a wonderful weekend it has been.

I had a wonderful weekend!!! On Friday, I had a girl's night out. It was great getting out. Hubby stayed home and kept the baby & Jacob so I could have a little free time. I love spending time with my friends & my dear daughters.
On Saturday, I took my very first senior pictures. I am really excited about that. I hope that Maria likes them as much as I enjoyed taking them.
After that, we went to dinner with friends. If you remember a while back on my blog,I mentioned a baby that was offered to us for adoption ,but we passed it up and connected the mom with friends of ours who haven't been able to have a baby of their own. Well, that's who we went to dinner with:) Sweet baby Addie just turned one and she is just precious. I can tell they are just crazy about their baby. She has for sure been that missing piece. It just blessed my heart to see them.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I woke up to a homemade breakfast that my daughter Ashley cooked me:) She even made homemade biscuits for the first time. It was sooooo good! She did a great job. What a wonderful way to start the day.
Then we went to Sunday morning service @ church and our pastor preached an awesome message on being a good mother & comparing that to the mother church. I've never heard the two compared so that was really neat.
I also got a HUGE surprise!!!! My Mom & brother Bryan decided to surprise me & come to church. Mom hasn't been able to come in a looooong time due to the problems she has had, but she was there and it just blessed my heart seeing her. I love my mom.
Also seeing my little brother was a blessing. He has recently gotten into church at a church close to where he lives and I am soooooo proud of him.
After church, I came home & spent time with my kids. I love when my kids come home.
Little Brookelyn put us on a show. She is such a precious little girl with the most amazing personality. I love that baby so much.
After they left, I decided to go spend the evening with my Nanny. We had a great time together. I took the new foster baby to see her and Nanny just had a fit over her...lol Nanny loves babies/kids just like I do...I guess that's where I got it:)
It was just a weekend full of blessings:)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful....
    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this was just such a beautiful uplifting full of spirit post...I feel better just reading all this goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to a truly inspirational mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,

    Yes, I discovered your blog when I was looking through Blogs from people in my area. :) Looks like everyone had a nice Mother's Day. Glad it's raining but it's chilly. Brrrr...stay warm, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like lots of fun !!
    Happy Mother's day to a awesome mother.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...