~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 31, 2010

Thank You!

Thank you for what you've done for us.

I see many who tell each other "Happy Memorial Day" and sometimes that doesn't come so easy for me. Not because I'm not proud to be an American because I am most proud, not because I'm not thankful for what these heroes have done for me ,because I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am, no it's not because I don't enjoy the freedom because I know we are a blessed nation,and no it's not because I disagree with the decisions our military is making and has made, because I am 100% behind our troops.
I've never looked at this day as a day of celebration. I look at it as a day that some Mom is grieving the loss of her child, some husband or wife will never see their companion coming home again ,some child is missing their daddy or mommy today, and many more relatives and friends are not feeling the joy ,but instead are missing and thinking about the one they loved and lost. Yes, I'm sure they are bursting with pride ,because their love one paid the ultimate sacrifice ,so that we can be the nation we are, but also they are heavy hearted today. My heart goes out to these families.
I think we to often view this day as just another day off or work,a time for picnics,get togethers, vacations,and fun. But lets not let that dim our mind of what today is truly about. Today is Memorial Day and may be never forget what they have done for us.
May God bless the families
who have suffered loss
and God bless the USA.
(Music takes a few seconds before it plays)


" I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA".

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! This is a day of Mourning and of Gratitude. I just also think of it as a day to celebrate the life and loved ones that we do still have. Thank you so much for htis post. Have a great day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thoughts on Memorial Day! I love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post !!
    Love it !!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...