~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 2, 2010

Hello From Howellville!

I figured it was about time for an update on all of us:)
Things are going really good here. I've been extra busy these last few days getting the sweet little foster settled in. She's had several appointments & visits and that has kept me on my toes. I've finally gotten the hang of getting out & going places with her. It takes me a few extra minutes to pack up & load the equipment ,but it's gotten much easier than it was.
On Friday, we took her to see her pediatrician. They said she appears to be doing well except that she had lost weight. So because of that, they have added an extra appointment for weigh-ins once a week. They want to see her gain atleast a few ounces each day. I think the weight loss is due to the fact that they have had me on the road non-stop with her and because she is on a feeding tube,I can't feed her while we are in the car, because of risk of aspiration. So I'm a little frustrated with so many appointments...so I hope that will end soon.
Right now she has to be fed 21 out of 24 hours. She's on three meds & a vitamin. The meds are given around the clock every 4 hours (night & day) . However, because she is on a feeding tube, she never really gets hungry and she sleeps through the night. She is a very easy going baby with a sweet disposition. She is precious!
Corey & Anna finally got moved into their new place this past week. They are so much happier. They are also so much closer to work now. I'm really happy for them. God has really blessed them.
Little Brookelyn is growing like a weed. She is only 3 months old ,but she acts so much older. She loves for you to stand her up and let her look around. She also tries to copy anything you do with your face. She just smiles, laughs out loud, coos, and blows bubbles...so precious. She is also teething & chewing on everything,but she doesn't have any teeth yet.
She doesn't know what to think about the new foster baby. She just stares at her and watches everything she does.
Samantha and Lee are doing good too. They were in a wreck last week and totaled their explorer,but they are alright. Samantha had to go to the ER to be sure everything was okay with her pregnancy and it was. She is doing good. She's been pretty sick, but she hasn't really complained at all ,because she is just so thankful to be expecting. I'm really excited for them. I can't wait until the day is here and they welcome their new little bundle.
Katie has been busy with schooling,church, & dating and that is pretty much what is going on in her life right now. She went to Florida and spent a week with a friend & her family and was in a car accident while she was there, but she is okay too. God has really been watching over my kids.
Ashley has been helping a friend of ours with painting the inside of her house & babysitting her little boy. She enjoys having extra spending money & getting out of the house. Besides that she has been doing really good in school. She works hard at everything she does.
Jon's days have pretty much consisted on school, church,working with his dad, and hanging out with his friends. He is always busy and on the go.
Jacob has had one of our past fosters over to spend the weekend and they have played all weekend. They both have club penguin accounts so they set on the two computers playing games with each other. Then today Hubby took them fishing and together they caught 10 fish...yay!!!! So that is what we had for dinner tonight:)
My hubby, took a few days off for us to take classes on the needs this foster baby has and then he took a couple more days to help me get adjusted to having her. We have had two scares so far. She had projectile vomit which pushed the tube out of her nose on the second night we had her. I had to wake Hubby in the middle of the night to help me put it back in. Then she had an allergic reaction to something. We think it was to the lysol we've been using to kill germs, but she is fine now. I really appreciate that my hubby is such a good foster dad...he really is. He really does care alot about these kids and I LOVE that about him. That is one thing we have in common...WE LOVE KIDS!!!!
As for me, well I'm doing good. I had a UTI and was pretty sick for a couple of days. The med I took for it made me very nauseated. It made me feel like I had the flu. I felt really yucky for a couple of days, but I feel much better today. I was suppose to have started classes on Tuesday night,but I canceled because I just felt it was to much for me to handle right now. So I will have to wait until the next classes start in about 6 weeks. Maybe by then I'll be on some type of routine.
Well, my sweet little Jelly Bean is starting to get fussy, so I need to get off here and take care of her. I hope you've all had a great weekend and I hope your week will be great too!

2 comments:

  1. Is it crazy that I'm jealous of all the babies you get lately? Maybe because my youngest is almost three and out of diapers and done bfing. It makes me nostalgic. That, or I'm just crazy. That could be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...babies are precios but remember my "real" baby is going on nine now...that is sad:( He is not a baby anymore. It's precious having lots of babies to love, but it's not the same as having your very own. I miss breastfeeding & being pregnant, but we aren't having anymore. We are just going to enjoy everbody else's now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...