~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 25, 2010

Do your children have outside toys?

This is a re-post from last year,
but one I felt was worth being posted again.

If your children or grandchildren have outside toys, please take the time to check them before you send your children out to play. You need to check them *EVERYDAY*.
These are pictures my Son-In-Law's mom sent me today and it hit home ,because we have this same toy in our yard right now. I've always been good about checking the climbers & playhouses, but I"ve never given much thought to the riding toys.
~~~~~~



Several times I've found black widows on the little tikes & step 2 climbers & playgrounds as well as our wooden gym set. So check them everyday. It is better to be safe then sorrry. Please take these pictures from my blog and add them to your blog...let's let as many people know as possible. Thanks, Sandy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I figured I'd add these too. These are the two most poisonous spiders in our area. I'm not sure I've ever seen a brown recluse, but I've killed tons of the black widows over the years.
~~~~~~
Black widow & Brown recluse

5 comments:

  1. That just freaked me out! I hate snakes and spiders, but especially snakes!

    I don't do a good job checking things out just verbal warnings. I need to do better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL remember this post! I check my daughters outside toys before she plays every single day. One day I found a wasp's nest in her playhouse, but thank goodness I have never found a snake. I will totally freak out and panic and my husband will have to come home from work to kill it. When we were dating, I found a snake in my garage and he came from work to look for it. He never found it. I moved. No joke. OK, we got married and I moved to his house, but I moved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,

    This is a great post. I would encourage you to add patio furniture and umbrellas as well. As we were putting our umbrella up on our patio and giant spider fell out.

    Great tips!


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and I thought I had it bad keeping an eye out for wasp nests in our garden. That's given me goosebumps all over now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...