~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 23, 2010

Please excuse me while I brag:)

I really don't mean to be so braggy,but I've just got to take a moment and brag on my hubby.
Today, we made our way to the Children's hospital to meet our newest little foster. A wee tiny lil 8 pound girl who had a tough start in life, but she is doing really good now despite all that she has gone through.
Our sweet little foster will be coming home probably next week(or when we feel comfortable with her) but she has to come home with equipment like monitors & pump feeder,etc.
So today, we went to meet her and to learn how to use this equipment so that we will know how to take care of her once she is home.
When Hubby & I first walked in to the NICU, I was scared. I thought, oh no. I thought, I don't know if I can do this. I looked around at all the little beds & sick lil babies and my heart just broke. We followed the nurse over to an empty little bed and the nurse called the other nurse to bring over our little foster to meet us(the nurse was rocking her:) The nurse walked up holding this tiny lil chubby little bundle with the biggest little eyes...she was precious. She handed her right over to us. Baby "S" looked up at Brent and wrinkled her little head and frowned(for all of one second) & then she smiled the biggest smile ever. Yep! That's when she won Hubby's heart right from the start and mine too:).
As we set and held her they started telling us all the info they wanted us to know and it was really scary. They filled us in on her and then they started walking us through equipment set up ,etc. Then we had to stand up and take turns doing it ourselves. Well,I'm not going to lie.. I was scared.I did not want to be first. I was not very confident in myself at all. But my hubby he's a soldier!!! He jumped right up and said I'll go first and he did! He went though the whole process in a matter of minutes:) I was beaming with pride:) He done it just right!!!!! The nurse said no one ever gets it that fast or on the first try,but Hubby did it!!!!! He said," I'm ready,can we take her home now?"....lol
I took my turn after him, but I didn't do it nearly as fast and I messed up a time or two on the steps,probably because I wanted to do it perfect and I was so nervous.
I'm proud of my hubby...he's a fast learner. I'm thankful that my Hubby is a good and very involved foster parent. He really enjoys being a foster dad.
Please keep us and little baby "S" in your prayers and take a moment to remember all the babies & families that have children in the hospital. I was blessed with healthy children and being there today reminded me just how blessed I am.

4 comments:

  1. How great there are wonderful people like you. Praying for all of you and I'm so happy for you.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,

    My prayers are going to the heavens tonight for the brilliant work you do for God in His ministry of taking care of foster kids. You have a special place in His kingdom and will receive so much glory for all you do here to take care of one of His own. Here's hoping that all your fears will be cast away and God will in His time bring this beautiful angel home to you all.

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with all of us. We are praying for you all.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and your family for the wonderful work ya'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw way to go Brent! I'm sorry you were scared ... I would have been too. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time. I'll say a prayer for you and all those sick little ones. I was blessed never having any in NICU too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...