~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 22, 2010

Just Waiting

Update On The Newest Foster!!!!
Just wanted to stop in quickly and update. I use my blog as my diary,so that's why at times I share things that really doesn't matter to anyone ,but us. I do it because this is my diary and It helps me to keep up with things and when they happened.
So this is an update for me ,but also for those of you that do enjoy following our family from day to day.
Anyhow, I finally got to talk to the hospital social worker today. Our meeting is set up and we will be leaving today to meet our new foster daughter. We will probably spend much of this weekend with her at the children's hospital ,so that she can get to know us and we can get to know her and the rest of the people on her team. We have lots of things we've got to learn before she can come home with us.
From what I've already heard, she's an extra special little girl and she has already won the hearts of all her nurses & the rest of the staff at Children's.
We would like to ask each of you to keep little baby "S" in your prayers and us too. I'm anxious ,but also a wee bit scared. However,I believe if God brings us to it, that He will bring us through it.



Just waiting to meet our
new little foster
Well, I've spent my day getting the house ready for the new foster baby. We've been setting here waiting on the hospital social worker to call to tell us what to do next. This is all new to us. We usually just pick up kids from the DFCS office,but we've actually got to go to the children's hospital to get this little one. We are suppose to be meeting the worker at the hospital within the next couple of days. Our new lil foster has had a rough start in life,but she is doing much better. She was born with her intestines on the outside, but she had surgery to fix that. Because of that, she is on a feeding tube. She's got to stay on it until she gets a little older and gains up to atleast 12 pounds or so.
We have also got to meet with the equipment company to learn how to use the equipment. It's alot to do, but after much thought & tons of prayers, we are willing to give it a try and to be her foster family. Please keep her & us in your prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Sandy,

    Praying that God provides everything you need to bring this little one home and make her well again.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you.........you are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! I do pray that the transition will go well for ALL of you, and that you will be as much of a blessing in her life, as I know she will be to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,

    WOW...what a blessings you will be to this precious little one. GOD will give you what you need and feeding tubes are not that difficult to manage.
    Praying for you and this little one!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I'm lifting you up to the Lord. May God bless you always. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could think of no one better than you guys to take care of this little baby. You will do great and she will be blessed to in your care! You'll have my prayers. If you need me to pray for you, you know where to find me. Love you! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...