~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 3, 2010

Today's Devotion


Verse-Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

An obsession with unimportant things can cause us to become not only stationary but stagnant. Time spent worrying and fretting over things is time wasted. We can either believe that God is in control and trust all things to Him or not. It is quite a heavy load that we needlessly carry and it causes us to become so bogged down that we don't get very far very fast and we sure aren't happy about it. If we want to do great things for God we must first learn to let go and let God. Worry and aggravation does not change the situation but instead opens a door that allows animosity to attach itself to our hearts. We will continue to run across people who may offend us or act in a way we have determined unacceptable. We may suffer injustice at one level or another. Each day has its share of things that would rob us of our joy. The only one who can change those situations for us is God and we must trust Him to do just that.

4 comments:

  1. This post is a great reminder to keep our focus on our Heavenly Father. The battle belongs to the LORD.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bible verse, and how easily I forget Gods promise and provision.
    I wish you a great happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to drop a comment here... I am also a foster parent, and I blog about it as well. It's always good to find others with the same experiences!
    Maggie

    the-popps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have a way of writing that I swear you are speaking just to me. That post was lovely. I need to remember that everything is in His hands. Some days I forget and I let the world get to me. Thank you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...