~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 28, 2010

A little of this & that


Awwww...I love being a grandmother.
Yesterday,I got to keep Brookelyn for the very first time while her Daddy & Mommy got their taxes done. We spent most of the day cuddling. She loves to be cuddled and MeMe loves it too. She is an easy baby so far. She is pretty content all of the time except when she is hungry or when her diaper needs changed.
We are not sure how big she is now. We think maybe somewhere around 7-8 pounds...which is great since she was 3 weeks early and dropped down to 5 lbs & 8 ozs. It's hard to believe that she wasn't suppose to be here for another week or so. However, I'm so glad she is.
She will be going back next week to see her doctor and we can't wait to see how much she has grew. She is starting to fill out her skin so we know that she is growing. She looks much bigger in pics. She is still a long thin baby...I think she is going to be built just like her daddy.
Her hospital pics are up online now for family & friends to view at Tanner Babies .You can find them under the hospital website & then type in her birth date and her mom's name.
When you look at them you will be able to see just how much she has grew & changed. The gown she had on in her hosp pic was preemie sized and even it was to big:) We hope to get some ordered and I'll add them here for everyone to see.
Can't you tell I'm so proud of my sweet little GRANDdaughter.
I just can't thank God enough for blessing our lives with her.
I've always heard it said that having grandchildren is better than your own children ,because you can send them home, but the problem is that I don't want to send her home....lol
We are hoping that they will get to move closer to us sometime this year. That was the plan when they first got married ,but Corey got laid off from his job and has been for over a year now.
However, next week he starts a new job and it is one he can grow with. We are praising God for this too,because it is a prayer answered.
~~~~~~~~~
Just so you know:)
I think it's time for a change:)
I will be updating my blog layout sometime in the next few days.
So if you stop by and find my blog is a mess, please excuse it.
Then stop by and visit again soon.
Well that is all that comes to mind at the moment.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.
(((hugs))) Sandy

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, from one MiMi to another--aren't those little grandbabies the greastest? Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally precious!!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is soooo beautiful! I'm glad you got to have her all to yourself finaly! I do pray that they will be able to move closer to you someday. It's so hard for me and my mom to live so far away from eachother. For the last 3 of my children, she came for their births, but then had to fly back home...very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious! Sometimes I get excited thinking about another baby around! My boys are 19, 8, and 6. Then, I think oh, I can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special to have bonding time. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful. Good luck with the changes, it always stresses me out to change stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so lucky to have you as her grandma... and she is precious indeed. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog the other day. God bless you and your little sweet grand-baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo precious and glad you had some bonding time. Enjoy her they grow so FAST !!!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...