~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 20, 2010

A little of this & that

Just wanted to stop by and catch up with everyone:) I hope all of you are doing good. I've read all your sweet comments that you've left on my last few posts. Thank you so much.Your comments always brighten my day.(((hugs)))

We are all doing wonderful here in Howellville. We are still trying to catch up after the holiday break and then the early arrival of the new baby.

I've been working HARD to catch up in my house and in our homeschooling and that's been a job. My hubby knows how to do dishes & laundry ,but for some reason he didn't while I was away with my daughter & new granddaughter. So mount washmore has taken over...grrrrr I hate to fall this behind ,because it is soooooo hard to catch up. But, I'm working hard and I should be caught up today.

As far as school, It's times like this that I am thankful that we homeschool. I took last week off to be with Anna & the baby,but we've doubled up this week with school work and we are almost caught up...yay!!!! Jacob hasn't been that thrilled with the extra work, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and atleast homeschooling allows you room for that.

Our sweet little baby is doing good. She wasn't that good about eating to start with ,but she has gotten much better. She lost down to 5lb 8oz ,but she had gained 2 oz back, and I'm sure she probably has gained more since they weighed her at the doctor.

She also had jaundice pretty bad, but that finally started down hill. So she is doing better. She is a good lil baby & sleeper. Ever since she was born they have had to wake her up at night to eat. She loves her sleep. She is so precious. It still doesn't even seem real that she is here and she is ours. I just can't thank God enough for blessing us with her.

The new parents are doing a wonderful job. I've enjoyed just standing back and watching them. Corey asked if I could come and stay with them for a month ,but I said no and I assured them that they are doing just fine because they really are. He has been so worried that they might mess up. Anna has been more calm because she has been around babies her whole life,but this is all new for Corey. He said if it wasn't for Anna he would have Brookelyn in the ER every night just to be sure she is okay...lol They are going to be great parents... Brookelyn is blessed.

My hubby has been out of town on a hunting trip. He & some of his friends went to South Georgia deer hunting. They each got one deer:) He was anxious to get back to see the baby. He saw her for a few minutes the day he left ,but that was it until he got back in town. As soon as he got home he wanted us to go to Anna's ,so we did. We spent the evening there. He is one selfish pawpaw. He won't let anyone hold her when he's around.

The other four kids (Katie, Ashley, Jon ,and Jacob) are thrilled to be aunts & uncles. I'll have to add their pics for you all to see. Ashley spent the first few nights with Corey & Anna helping them with the house and baby. Katie was going to stay some this week, but she has had a cold and didn't want to take a chance with making the baby sick.

Jon has been helping his daddy in the evenings with metal & cutting wood (Brent's other job:) That has kept Jon pretty busy....that and school together.

Jacob wasn't able to go to the hospital when Brookelyn was born because they would not allow any children under 12 because of flu season. But, he was thrilled with pictures. Everyday I would bring him new pictures to look at and he would get soooooo excited. He asked me tons of questions. He wanted to know if she had that black thing on her belly like Bailey had when she was born...lol I told him yes that all new babies had that and that is how we get belly buttons. He wanted me to take a pictures of her belly so he could see...so I did...lol He finally got to see her after she came home and he was so happy. He loved holding her. He might be only 8 years old ,but he is going to be a good uncle. He loved helping me take care of Bailey when she was tiny and now Bailey adores Jacob and I have a feeling that Brookelyn will be the same:)

Samantha done very well with Brookelyn's birth. We all were worried how she would feel since she had her miscarriage a few weeks ago. But she did great! She was there when Brookelyn was born and she has visited her a few times since....which meant alot to Corey & Anna. She went back to the doctor last week and she got the go ahead to try again. I know how bad Samantha wants to be a mom. He whole life she has wanted to be a mom and I want her to have that opportunity too. So please keep her in your prayers.

I haven't really mentioned my mom in a while,but I wanted to update everyone. Mom started a new round of steroids and she got an epidural yesterday. She has been really bad off since The first of December. She started having more problems with her legs. She had gotten to where she could only walk a short distance before setting down and she was in pain day & night with pains shooting up from her legs into the sciatic nerve. Then she came down with shingles so she has been feeling really bad. But they are hoping that these new meds & epidural are going to help her legs and the shingles. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She has really had a tough time.

Well, that is all that comes to mind this time. I hope you all have a wonderful week. ((hugs))

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new baby! May your entire family be abundantly blessed in every way imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds busy but good for the most part. will pray for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and everyone looks sooooooo Happy !!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy Samantha felt comfortable to go after her miscarriage. I had one in November and am actually already pregnant again and so far everything is fine but I think it would still be hard for me to be around a birth and newborn. I'm still worried even though we have seen the baby and heartbeat and I will definitely keep her in my prayers that she can stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to get caught up with you and that things are going well. HOpe your mother gets some relief very soon. Hugs to you,

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice to read your update :) Sweet Corey... you could tell what a great daddy he's going to be in those pictures of he and Brookelyn. Poor Sammantha, I'll pray for her. I'll also be praying for your mom as well *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers to your Mom, Samantha, Brookelyn,Anna, Corey, & all of your family too!
    Thank you for updating us. Sounds lovely...Happy for you all.
    (( ))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...