~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 4, 2009

Update from Howellville


Just stopping by from Howellville:)
I've been very busy these last few weeks, as you can tell by my lack of updates here.
Life has been a roller coaster for me.
If you drop down two posts you will see why
I've been sooooooo busy.
I've come to believe that God does not intend for
me to be lazy or to get bored.
So here's what's happening in our world right now...
This week we've celebrated Anna & my dad's birthday:)
Happy birthday Anna & Daddy!
~~~~
As I mentioned in my other post, DFCS sent me a letter the last week of November to inform me that they were short of staff and because of that they needed to move my yearly homestudy/ re-licensing up by two months...yes 2 months...which meant December... The busiest month of the year for me. So in other words, I've been trying to get everything done so that the head lady can come on out and complete our home study before Christmas or New Years.
My list of things to do looks like this....just in case you've ever wondered what foster parents have to do every year to be re-certified:) The first year is the hardest because you have so much more you have to do, but once you get that done, every year after looks kinda like this...
1.Background check on Brent...
which means we have to go be fingerprinted to be sure
that we are not criminals...we're not...I promise:)
2.Background check on Sandy
3.Form 404 on Sandy
4.Form 404 on Brent
5.Financial statement
6.Copy of insurance
7.Copy of license
8.Pet check up/shots
9.Foster re-evaluation in home...
Which means she goes through my house and checks my smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detectors, medicine cabinets, baby latches & plugs, gun cabinet, checks to be sure my pool is locked and secure, baby gates, she even checks to see if the toilets flush, the cribs meet safety standards, and she checks for any health or safety hazards in my home. If she finds any problems she will tell us what needs to be done to correct it. Only twice has she ever had a problem and that was with our stairs the first year. We had to carpet them and put a permanent gate at the top and bottom and the year before last we had to fix our pool fence because the bars were spaced to far apart.
10.DFCS safety check/agreement plan
11.Verification of our training hours for 2009
12.CPR/first aid -adult and child
13.Basic water rescue training
14.Health & safety issues form
15.Physical on Brent
16.TB test on Brent
17.Physical on Sandy
18.TB test on Sandy
19.Physical on Katie
20. TB test on Katie
21.Physical on Ashley
22.TB test on Ashley
23.Physical on Jon
24.TB test on Jon
25.Physical on Jacob
26.Eye check ups & dental
27.Flu shots and update on immunizations.
Woooo.....see what I mean????
But guess what...
I've done over half of that just this week:)
I'm determined to get this done and behind me,
so that I can just relax and enjoy the Holidays.
Right now...
We are also in the middle of getting our house ready for Christmas. Hubby has been working long hours everyday this week...which is rough on him ,but the money is a blessing. We've been doing some shopping for family & friends...which is always fun:) and Hubby & I managed to squeeze in two dates this week... I know I'm spoiled:)
Yes, it is a very busy time of the year, but it is still one of my all time favorites.
I may not get to update everyday,but I will be stopping in from time to time to see how all of you are doing and I'll be adding lots of new pictures throughout the holidays...I promise. So stop by from time to time to see what's new:)
Have a great weekend everyone!

((hugs)) Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you are sooooooo busy! You are such a good person to do that every single year just to help children in need. That is really wonderful. I will pray that it all will be completed with ease. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...