~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 26, 2009

I'm still here!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! We've been super busy these last few days,as I can imagine everyone has been. We had a wonderful Christmas.
We spent Christmas Eve at my Mom's. I just couldn't imagine not going home to Mom's on Christmas Eve. I am just so thankful that I still have my Mom & Nanny here this Christmas. I enjoyed spending time with them. They are so precious to me. I honestly didn't think that Nanny would make it this far ,but she has and I thank God for that. She just continues to amaze us all and actually she seemed to be doing better this week.
I was also thankful to have lil Bailey for a while Christmas eve. I appreciate her family for sharing her with us. She is just a special part of our family and just having her here made the day more special.
I was also thankful to have my hubby & kids here. I am just so blessed.
On Christmas Eve night, we took Bay home and we stayed there for a while and opened presents with her family. They have become like family to us. I really realized just how much when we were leaving and my Hubby told them that he loved them and to call us if they need us and they told us the same. It made me realize more than ever that we are on the same page. I just never dreamed that fostering would change our lives in this way. It's amazing!
After that, we came home and just had our own family time. Ashley & Jacob baked cookies for Santa while I finished wrapping gifts and the others watched movies.
Corey & Anna spent the night and I was glad to have them here. I know this will probably be the last year and that's okay. Next year they will have their own little girl and I'm sure they will want to spend Christmas night in their own home. But, I sure enjoyed having them.
I got so tickled watching Corey & Hubby playing with all of Jacob's toys from Santa. Even though Hubby nearly killed himself on Jacob's bike:) I think they stayed up until 2 AM just playing & laughing ...lol
Corey my son-in-law is the BIGGEST kid ever at Christmas. He kept trying to peep in when I was wrapping gifts:) Then he laid in the floor and begged to open just one present Christmas night:)... But I didn't give in. I made him wait all the way to morning.
At 5 AM,Samantha my other BIG kid came home and woke us all up by flipping on the light and telling us Santa came. So at 5 AM she made us all get up:) I love how my kids still get excited about Christmas...even the ones who are in their 20's. I've always tried to make Christmas special & exciting and I love that they still carry this on in their own lives.
We talked about the true meaning of Christmas and we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and then we opened gifts. Later, Corey & Dylan ran to Waffle House to get us all breakfast. Then we just set around and watched Jacob play. It was just a calm wonderful Christmas day.
I'm kinda sad to see it end,although the spirit never has to end. I think Hubby feels the same way because when I walked in while ago from buying groceries, he had my Christmas CD's out playing. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
We have wonderful family members and precious friends that continue to bless us year after year. We just can't thank them enough for all they've done for us. We really are blessed.
But above all...we have a Father in Heaven who continues to pour His love on us and for that we are so thankful. He is just so good.
I hope you & your family had a wonderful Christmas too. I hope that all your Christmas wishes came true. But above that, I hope you felt the presence of the one that made Christmas what it is...JESUS. He is what it's all about.

8 comments:

  1. I have been gone for almost a week now, too. I pray you had a blessed Christmas!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas.

    I have been really enjoying reading your blogs.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas !!! Happy Birthday Jesus.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand being BUSY !! Sometimes I think we ned a vacation for our vacation. I hope you are enjoying your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your comment somewhere tonight and I just had to come and say hi because my Mom's name is Sandy : ) and I think all Sandy's are so special! : ). Your Christmas sounds so wonderful! How hilarious that the kids got up at 5! Wow. My son could wait all day if I let him : ) Isn't that funny how each family is so different? We opened our presents on Christmas eve when I was growing up. Hope you have a wonderful week. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is such a wonderful example of how fostering is supposed to work. That little girl is so blessed to have had you in her life. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless and many blessings to you and your family in 2010! Keep in touch!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...